Fast Food/Takeaways and Restaurants

:scream:

Your opinion is as misplaced as KICK-IT’s line breaks!

5 Likes

Great ad from McDonalds in the UK. It shows everything I hate about hipster coffee places in a nutshell.

5 Likes

Guzman Y Gomez will open two drive-thru stores in Melbourne. They’ll be based in South Yarra and Tullamarine. The Tullamarine one won’t be far from me

1 Like

Not surprised considering one of GYGs main competitors Zambrero has had drive-thru stores for years now, at least over here in WA.

yeah but that’s nasty

I had Zambrero once. I liked their food.

Clever ad, but geez UK advertising is pathetic in its attempt to show how “diverse” the UK is, when it is one of the least diverse countries in reality. Especially in Scotland where demographics are something like 98% white. Watch a whole segment of ads and you’ll know what I mean.

GYG is lagging behind Zambrero in WA. Only 5 stores compared to Zambrero’s 30 plus.

That will be close to me too. Where abouts in South Yarra?

I don’t think there are any drive through Zambrero’s in Melbourne (at least that I’m aware of) although I did see one in Launceston when I was down there over the Christmas break.

Mad Mex seems to be the most popular Mexican chain in Melbourne, they are everywhere in the CBD. There aren’t a heap of Zambrero’s but there is one near me. They are my personal fave and on the healthier side. I always get the black rice power bowls and now they even have the gluten free black wraps for burritos. Yummo.

A Choice investigation has found that gourmet burgers may not be as healthy as many people think. 3/4 of boutique burgers from Burger Edge and Grill’d had more calories than a Big Mac, one in four burgers examined had more saturated fat than the Big Mac and one in four exceeded an entire day’s suggested adult salt intake.

Burgers unhealthy?! Well I’ll be…

4 Likes

Not sure, the article I read just said South Yarra and Tullamarine

1 Like

It’s a pretty silly comparison. For example a Grill’d burger is probably double the size of a McDonalds Burger… so of course it is going to have more calories. Plus only 1 in four had more saturated fat than a Big Mac. Of course if you get one of the burgers that is bigger and has a double patty, bacon and a lot of cheese it’s going to have high saturated fat no matter where you eat. Only 1 in 4 having more than a Big Mac is pretty good I think.

When I go to Grill’d these days I always get the low carb / high protein bun that they have. It looks weird but it’s good.

The burgers from the interdependently owned burger stores I find to be way better than Grill’d. I find Grill’d to be overrated and overpriced, but I do like their sweet photo chips though :stuck_out_tongue:. The same with Schnitz not really a fan of them either

Nothing really beats the burgers from the fish and chip shop though

2 Likes

Compared to a Whopper which is 2,900kJ, their ‘classic burger’ has 2,300kJ. The serving size is about the same - around 275g.

I have rarely been to Grill’d. I usually go to Schnitz (its chips are huge) and Royal Stacks. Smaller stores like Royal Stacks don’t usually display nutrition info on the menu so it is hard to tell whether the burgers are healthy.

I have tried Schnitz a couple of times, but I didn’t like their schnitzels much.
Just seemed a bit bland to me.

Even Subway had better schnitzels on their subs (to my taste buds).

There’s something about Grill’d and Burger Urge which I just hate, but I’m not sure what. If the opportunity arises, I usually try to go to a burger place which isn’t a franchise, brand or fast food outlet. They usually sell the best burgers.

No sweet potato chips is a massive dealbreaker though.

2 Likes

agreed 100%. There are so, so many superior (and often cheaper since Grill’d slugs WA customers with an extra $2-3/burger surcharge) burger places to Grill’d, at least here in Perth but it’s probably the same across the board in most cities.

1 Like

LOL you aren’t going to Royal Stacks to get any sort of healthy variations of a burger.

1 Like