Fast Food/Takeaways and Restaurants

See for me I would probably pick Red Rooster over most fast food giants. At least I can get a Red Rooster Roast there which is kinda healthy. Although I don’t eat many fast food places these days anyway.

1 Like

The Rooster Rolls are probably one of the only things I’d get from RR. 11 inches of pure joy and tastiness - now you can’t say that about many things.

My favourite fast food chain would have to be WA’s Chooks Fresh & Tasty - basically it was a competitor to RR, KFC and Chicken Treat. I miss it.[quote=“mubd, post:340, topic:336”]
with a signature ‘Bondi Burger’
[/quote]

Give me a bucket, it’s pretty gross.

1 Like

10 Likes

Damn you beat me

7 Likes

Oporto used to be very good, but nowadays I hardly eat there (especially since there’s now so few in Melbourne).

I had a very bad experience with Oporto a few years back involving one of their toilets, so I can’t eat there any more without thinking of it.
I’m actually not kidding, I walked in to the toilets and ugh…

7 Likes

Haha, I cried when I saw that because that was probably my reaction :joy:

Yeah it was my reaction too when I saw that monstrous rooster roll. The bird I had with me looked sick looking at me looking at that :frowning: some would say it was love at first bite (unlike that time I was smashed and got the worst domino’s pizza ever).

Edit: when I mean bird I mean chicka, not a chicken or pigeon.

3 Likes

I’m ignoring everything else which is wrong with your comment, but how?

Dominos is so much better than anywhere else.

2 Likes

Where are you living? In Bathurst it’s the worst out of the 3 major chains we have. Again I guess It depends on where you live.

Eagles Boys and Pizza Hut have always been worse than Dominoes in my area.

1 Like

Wow, I guess it all comes down to the cooks and the owners

Yeah normally they are but one night I orded a BBQ cheeseburger at Northbridge Domino’s and it was drenched in the mayo, I couldn’t even taste any of the other ingredients. I honestly nearly barfed.

:joy:

4 Likes

[quote=“matlock, post:354, topic:336, full:true”]
Eagles Boys and Pizza Hut have always been worse than Dominoes in my area.
[/quote]Most people I know love Domino’s but I can’t stand it. The stuff I’ve bought from the stores near where I live have been gross. The pizzas have been greasy (I mean really greasy) and other times overcooked and almost inedible. Whereas the Pizza Hut I’ve been to has been pretty good (there’s more choice of sides to choose from I’ve found too).

1 Like

What’s so funny?

Of course it’s all take away but if it came to a choice I would much rather eat some chicken and veggies than deep fried chips and a fatty burger…

I remember reading a story in Darwin in the mid 90’s when the Casuarina store (as opposed the the shop in Casuarina Square which was closed at the time being in the food court) was being redveloped. There was a bloke who wanted a Chicken Dinner, which was a bit of chook and roast vegies (before they replaced the roast spuds with whipped potato). Having being told the Casuarina outlet had run out of chicken, this bloke tried the other RR in Coconut Grove only to be told that they had run out of Vegetables!

2 Likes

I’ve tried Kingsley’s Chicken the ACT and Queanbeyan fast food chain over many years visting Canberra and have never really been satisfied with the food. The chicken pieces have always been a bit dry, the chips overcooked, the gravy has an odd peppery taste rather than nice black pepper, the burgers are somewhat bland and the subs are a bit soggy. My last visit was about four months ago. I’ve kept trying it every so often hoping it will get better, but I’m always disappointed. :disappointed: