Fast Food/Takeaways and Restaurants

[quote=“sammy123, post:232, topic:336, full:true”]
Coca-Cola adding ginger flavoured Coke in a bid to arrest declining sales. http://www.9news.com.au/national/2016/10/22/10/08/coke-launches-ginger-flavour-in-hope-of-restoring-flat-sales[/quote]Adding ginger flavouring sounds rather digusting if you ask me. Doubt I’d bother giving it a go.

[quote=“ando9185, post:234, topic:336, full:true”]
So they’re proceeding gingerly with this launch then?[/quote]I see what you did there. :wink:

[quote=“AddictedToTVPres, post:237, topic:336, full:true”]am i the only one who actually liked coke life? i swear to god I am[/quote]I’ve only ever tried Coke Life once before. I really didn’t taste anything different to the original despite it “apparently” containing less sugar etc. I must admit I really don’t consume a lot of sugary drinks these days, but when I do I tend to either get a Coke Zero or one of the Pepsi varieties.

[quote=“OnAir, post:238, topic:336, full:true”]
Bring back Pepsi Blue[/quote]Can’t say I ever got to try this one. The flavouring sounds rather interesting though!

1 Like

As far as cola drinks are concerned…to borrow one of their old advertising slogans, I generally stick to The Real Thing: (regular) Coca Cola! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

[quote="SydneyCityTV, post:243, topic:336,]
As far as cola drinks are concerned…to borrow one of their old advertising slogans, I generally stick to The Real Thing: (regular) Coca Cola! :slight_smile:[/quote]Haha, regular is great but Zero is nicer. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I actually didn’t mind the Vanilla version either really. Anyone else tried it?

Coca-Cola is always the best, with Cherry Coke a close second. Pepsi Next and Coke Life are abominations.

1 Like

Vanilla is best.

Regular is second.

The rest is shit.

Pepsi is bad.

4 Likes

[quote=“matlock, post:246, topic:336, full:true”]Pepsi is bad.[/quote]They’re all bad aren’t they. All rot your teeth and insides. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

People are a lot more health conscious these days. I don’t really drink soft drink at all. The only odd occasion that I would is if I was out for dinner I might order a Coke Zero or Diet Coke. That’s it really. The ginger flavour does appeal to me though IF it comes in diet/zero form as well. Ginger is actually really good for you so if they had a diet variety with ginger it’s something I might pick on that rare occasion.

Vanilla gets a strong number two here. Still get it occasionally, by bottle of course - the only way to have it.

1 Like

I bought an imported can of Pepsi Blue from an Asian supermarket once. Not how I remember it.

I don’t touch sugar-sweetened soft drinks or fruit juice. Once you realise just how much sugar and calories (relative to an average daily intake) is in an average serve, it’s pretty offputting.

If someone’s health-conscious for the ‘natural’ ingredients, they’re most likely to just drink water.

If they’re health-conscious for weight reasons (hence the lower calories), they’ll be going straight for the diet cola because 30% less calories is still too much. I’d say 50% of the calories is still too much.

There’s very little middle ground there.

unless you’re talking about glass bottles, get out.

1 Like

I remember not being allowed to drink it inside as my parents were convinced I’d spill it into the carpet.

I haven’t had soft drink since October 2014. Had a sip of it last year on a work trip (someone had got me a bottle of it at a dry function) and I took a sip but couldn’t have any more. Just tasted weird.

From the time I was old enough to buy it myself, I’d always have Coke in the fridge. Mum would never allow it in the house when I was a child so I made up for lost time in my early 20’s. An expensive visit to the dentist put an end to the addiction. Went cold turkey and switched to water. The weight came off as a result. Can’t stand the stuff now. The closest I can get to a soft drink is lemonade mixed with soda water.

There was a brief period in my childhood when we had Crystal’s soft drinks delivered weekly to the house in a crate, back in the days when milk and bread would also be delivered.

I prefer Coke Zero to anything else.
Weirdly, I prefer Pepsi to regular Coke though.

I used to drink a fair amount of Coke Zero (2-3 cans a day on average), but a bout of reflux made me cut back to 3-4 cans a week,

1 Like

Wow even 3-4 cans a week is a lot for me (I will probably only have a can once a week). How’s your teeth?

1 Like

My grandparents used to have Crystal delivered too. I remember the glass bottles and the crates. They changed name later on but I can’t recall what to.

They had some great flavours.

Good actually, got them checked out recently too.

Coke Zero is not nearly as bad for your teeth as the sugary ones are.

2 Likes

I really don’t get that Coca-Cola or Coke Zero ruins your teeth (its the anti-soft drink ppl pushing a whole lot of crap), I have drank copious amounts of Coca-Cola and I yet to have a filling or any damage. I think fruit juice is far worse due to the acid etc.

I mostly only drink water, milk, coffee and Coke Zero and the odd Frozen Coke. I have a 30 pack of Coca-Cola sitting there for now least a month and I only had 2 cans so far.

1 Like

You do realise that phosphoric acid is used in cola. And yes fruit juices and teas are probably just as, if not more acidic than carbonated drinks.

E338, yep its on the Coke Zero cans as an ingredient. Too much of it can cause osteoporosis and heart disease but that’s if like you live on it and not drink anything else.

1 Like