Fast Food/Takeaways and Restaurants

If you have a Galaxy Note 7. :wink:

10 Likes

I see McDonalds in Hoppers Crossing (VIC) is getting a major renovation/extension. At the moment it still has the old style pitched roof that was prominent in the 80’s. Are there many of these old style restaurants left in Australia or are they pretty much the “boxy” style?

Wantirna was like this https://goo.gl/maps/GmRZpkDZ9vw not sure if it’s been remodelled yet.

Hoppers was like this.

There are still quite a few stores like it around. I can name Mittagong, Wagga Kooringal and Gundagai as some off the top of my head

I tried the new Cola Wicked Wings at KFC at The Glen food court today. It is basically three pieces of Wicked Wings in a black cardboard box, with cola flavoured syrup dripped on top of the chicken. The chicken is the usual Wicked taste.

I wouldn’t mind seeing a retro 80s style restaurant with the pitched roofs, and brown tiles everywhere inside, and menu boards like THIS :blush:

Those new fangled video menu screens at McDonalds shit me. I don’t eat there often but when I do I go for the healthier options. The trouble is they keep changing those items. The menu screens are constantly showing advertising so it takes forever to cycle through to the menu items you want to view.

1 Like

although you have to admit, that monopoly guy popping up and cleaning the screen from the other side every 3 minutes is pure genius. someone needs to promote the guy who came up with that concept.

3 Likes

Yeah I got caught out by that one night come back from a concert at Hope Estate. Tried to go into the one at Cessnock but was Drive Thru only. Which was no use to me cause I didn’t want to buy anything. Was just busting to go to the toilet. Was tempted to piss in their McShubs but thought better of it. Ended up going to Kurri Kurri to find a 24 Hour servo. Ended up getting a pie anyway

I also tried it. They should offer some more of the cola flavoured syrup in a sachet.

Bad news there will be no more Sunnyboy :worried: It was very popular at primary and high school canteens in the 1990s.

I don’t think I’ve had a Sunny Boy since I was in Primary School. Sad to hear these sorts of things disappear though.

To be honest I didn’t even know they still made them. No loss really, I was never a fan

…and as you’d probably expect, BuzzFeed is all over it! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Personally, I don’t think I’ve had one in years. Can’t really say that I’m nostalgic for those compared to say…those Yowie Ice Creams they used to make. Now THOSE were pretty damn good!

Sunnyboys seem a lot smaller than what I remembered from childhood based on the images in news reports today. I was never a fan because you always ended up in a mess of stickiness after eating one. Grew up on Paddlepops but even they seem to have shrunk significantly and don’t taste the same as they used to.

Don’t think we even had them. Ovalteenies though, they were all the rage at our school canteen and 2 barbecue shapes for 5c.

2 Likes

Was never a fan of the tetra pack but loved the band that was named after it.

Yes I remember Ovaltinies. They also had a choc milk powder thing similar to Milo.

[quote=“ando9185, post:198, topic:336, full:true”]
Don’t think we even had them. Ovalteenies though, they were all the rage at our school canteen and 2 barbecue shapes for 5c.[/quote]They were available. Indeed, they were rare to find in Hobart (and around the rest of the state I guess) though. Was never a huge fan of the Ovalteenies, but couldn’t get enough of the Yowie and Bubble O’ Bill and various other Ice creams. :icecream:

1 Like