Fast Food/Takeaways and Restaurants

It’s okay, but typical chain fare. Slightly better than grill’d.

1 Like

I don’t mind the Snack Pack, we’ve got that a few times. I did quite enjoy the Chipster Twister when they had that, was like a Twister with Supercharged sauce and chips. There was also a Beesechurger too which was a fillet, cheese, mayo, lettuce (I think) and the bun was upside down. Looked weird but actually tasted quite nice with the inverted bun.

There aren’t many options in there at the moment, the Nug-a-lot looks ok but hopefully they bring out a few more things again like what they had.

What is the point of the ‘secret’ menu? I don’t get it. Is it to encourage people to use the app? OR are they just trying to be like In-N-Out in the US thinking it will generate some buzz of people want to go in and try these secret items?

This.

1 Like

100% it’s too drive downloads of the app.

2 Likes

Remember when Maccas (up until a few or 5 years ago) used to have 3 different coffee options:

-“Pronto” machine (instant Capp, F/W, Latte like 7Eleven push button, quick).

-Black coffee (old fashioned American drip pot)

-McCafe barista made (the only one remaining?)

And this video is HILARIOUS :crazy_face::joy::
https://youtu.be/Ed9mxwEPniA

1 Like

I had a single parma burger from Red Rooster for lunch today. It was pretty tasty.

2 Likes

I just had the chicken meatballs at IKEA Marsden Park. Very bland and tasteless.

The bowl of Chips look nice though.

1 Like

Yes, the chips were fine.

1 Like

Well, you don’t go to IKEA expecting a Michelin starred meal :smiley:

@littlegezzybear- does the Canberra Airport IKEA do meals?

2 Likes

Yes it does, exactly the same as the others. The Rhodes IKEA is one I’ve never tried eating in as there are better food options in that shopping centre.

Ikea food used to be great when it was dirt cheap but that’s not really the case anymore.

I paid the best part of $20 for meatballs, green beans on the side and a bottle of coke a few weeks ago. I miss the unlimited softdrink for $1.50 or whatever it was.

Yeah it def hasn’t got better that’s for sure

I only ever go to the small section out the front - their cinnamon rolls are great.

They are right that it definitely would have been the busiest Macca’s store in Melboure and deseve compensation but that is probably going a bit overboard. You’d think they would try and open one up somewhere else along Swanston.

I would have been expecting IKEA meals to be in five different boxes and you had to put them together using a screwdriver.

2 Likes

Would be an allen key actually

2 Likes

this is why IKEA the food company shouldn’t have invested in furniture. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like