Fast Food/Takeaways and Restaurants

Personally I’m not sure if any of these Retail Food Group brands have been strong enough in recent years for a majority of the general public to really care much if they were to cease trading for good.

Of course it’d be bad for all the people who’d lose their jobs/franchises if they did completely shut down, but my experiences with food/drink at Donut King, Michel’s Patisserie and Gloria Jeans haven’t really been memorable enough for me to form any major connection towards the brand(s).

Because Dominos Pizzas taste like cardboard.

1 Like

If you are talking about the Thin N Crispy style pizzas, then yes I agree that Dominos are very bland.

Though I love the Domino Deep Pan pizzas, even better than the Crust ones. though very fattening.

2 Likes

Yes, the deep pan pizzas from Dominos arent too bad actually

1 Like

I’d probably say Donut King is the one that more people would have a connection with. I remember going there as a kid, though these days their range seems pretty average. The cinnamon ones are always good, provided they’re freshly cooked.

1 Like

Anyone tried and can recommend the new Choc Coconut range at Maccas?

Haven’t set foot inside a Maccas since they started insisting orders be done via those putrid self serve screens.

I’ve never used one either (*correction I was forcibly assisted by a staff kid one time but that was it).

They’ve removed heaps of cashiers in restaurants now too because of it :frowning:

I have and there nice

1 Like

:thinking:

1 Like

I would much prefer to do it myself.

:thinking:

I prefer to never step inside a Maccas again. I think it’s been at least 10 years since I’ve eaten there.

1 Like

Very good point. Can’t tell u the last time I had it lol. So many better burger options these days. But when I have had it, or will have it, I’ll do it myself :wink:

Me too.

I only ever use the drive thru :wink:

My local McDonald’s used to have four staff operated terminals on the counter, but three of those have been ripped out leaving only one with the other three replaced by two self-serve screens. There is a new McDonald’s being built closer to me and I’m wondering if it will be fully self-serve.

I’m no germaphobe but touching those screens seems a bit grim.

Any touch screen used by the public would be a bit on the grim side. Hand sanitiser would probably be your best bet.

They should test them for traces of faeces. And while they’re there traces of semen.

If there’s one thing I learnt from “Picket Fences”. There are always traces of semen. :joy:

1 Like

They won’t do it until someone gets sick from them and they can prove without a doubt that it was caused by those screens. Also, cleaning those screens probably only gets done once a day - money reasons and all that jazz.