Rural Aid Concerts

1 Like

Live into South Australia and Darwin, delayed the usual 2 hours for Western Australia.

interesting since I’'ve seen a few bus shelters here saying it was live into WA

Nine needs to update their own yourtv.com.au if that is the case.

1 Like

2 Likes

I wasn’t aware of this thread when I posted my images in the Today section, so here they are in here:

Ken Sutcliffe made an appearance:

7 Likes

Did Leila McKinnon and Deb Knight appear? If so, what time?

Finished rather abruptly for the Afternoon News.

After midday

3 Likes

NINE’S FARM AID TELETHON RAISES MORE THAN $7.6 MILLION

Australians have opened their hearts and their wallets to dig deep for Nine’s Farm Aid Telethon with $7,670,857 raised across the course of the appeal so far.

The telethon, which began with a special edition of TODAY this morning, featured Nine’s biggest names issuing a rallying call to the nation to offer financial support to those affected by the country’s worst drought in 100 years.

Broadcasting live from the Dubbo Showground in Central West NSW and Warwick in Southeast Queensland, we heard first-hand the heartbreaking stories of those doing it tough as a result of the devastating natural disaster that has ravaged much of rural Australia.

While all donations, no matter how small, were greatly appreciated, special mention must be given to the following particularly generous donations:
• McDonald’s Australia and its licensees: $250,000
• Great Northern Brewing Co: $250,000
• Keith Urban & Nicole Kidman: $100,000
• GME: $100,000
• Sydney Markets: $50,000
• NSW Blues Major Sponsors: $66,000
• Alcatel: $30,000
• NSW Government: $25,000

Co-host of Today, Karl Stefanovic, said: “What a privilege to spend the day with farmers and their families. To hear their stories and to see their struggle has been so humbling. This was an incredible event to be a part of and the response from people right across Australia was awesome. I want to thank every single person who gave their hard earned dollars to help our farmers. And I want our farmers to know our coverage of this crisis will continue.”

Personalities to feature in today’s event included Karl Stefanovic, Georgie Gardner, Deborah Knight, David Campbell, Leila McKinnon, Doctor Doctor star Rodger Corser, Natalia Cooper, Shelley Craft, Melissa Downes, Andrew Lofthouse, Garry Youngberry, Aislin Kriukelis, The Block Foreman Keith Schleiger, Blockheads Norm, Bianca and Carla, and Hayden and Sara, Bite Club’s Marny Kennedy, Married at First Sight expert John Aiken and Aussie swimming sensation James Magnussen.

Crowds enjoyed live performances from Shannon Noll, Mental As Anything, Dragon and Wendy Matthews.

3 Likes

Nine will show a special charity concert headed by John Farnham and Daryl Braithwaite to raise money for drought stricken farmers. The concert to held at Scully Park in Tamworth on Saturday October 27 will also feature The Veronicas, Guy Sebastian, founding INXS member Andrew Farriss, rock star Jon Stevens, country and music sensations Aleyce Simmonds and Adam Harvey, former X Factor star Nat Conway, and singer-songwriter Tim Wheatley. Tickets are now on sale at Ticketmaster.
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/daryl-braithwaite-guy-sebastian-the-veronicas-just-some-of-the-artists-to-perform-at-charity-concert/news-story/ac40c02e1612e3adf169d977ebe9f36c

2 Likes

Come to Tamworth and see Farnsey belt out you’re the voice on a special Qantas charter - https://www.qantas.com/au/en/promotions/brand/qantas-drought-relief.html?int_cam=au%3Aen%3Ahomepage-promotion%3Aqantas-drought-relief-tamworth-package%3Aen%3Aflights

Hay Mate: Buy a Bale Concert

Saturday 27 October at 7:00pm

A BENEFIT CONCERT FOR THE FARMERS

From 7.00pm on Saturday, October 27, the Nine Network will continue its support of Aussie farmers by joining forces with the legendary Glenn Wheatley to broadcast the Buy a Bale: Hay Mate drought relief concert when it rolls into Tamworth with artists John Farnham, Daryl Braithwaite, Guy Sebastian, The Veronicas, Jon Stevens, Andrew Farriss (INXS), Adam Harvey, Tim Wheatley, Aleyce Simmonds and Nat Conway all on board.

John Farnham will lead this cast of Aussie entertainers with funds raised going to Rural Aid. “Farmers are the backbone of this Country” Farnham said. “I understand what they are going through. They are doing it tough through this drought. It’s a shame we did not do something sooner. But we are acting now!”

Nine’s support for Hay Mate follows the network’s hugely successful TODAY Show Farm Aid Telethon, where Aussies dug deep and helped to raise over $8.5 million for our farmers going through the worst drought in living memory.

Nine’s Head of Content, Production and Development, Adrian Swift, said: “Nine is hugely committed to helping Australia’s farmers who are suffering through the worst drought in 100 years. And the job isn’t over yet – working with Glenn Wheatley and Aussie music legends like John Farnham represents another massive opportunity to show support and raise more money. Hay Mate will be a major television event featuring some of Australia’s biggest musical acts with all profits going to Rural Aid.”

Hay Mate: Buy a Bale , will be held at Scully Park Wests Leagues Club in Tamworth and is made possible by the generosity of partners: Qantas, Toyota, Woolworths, News Corp, Optus and the Nine Network.

Rural Aid’s Buy a Bale program supports Aussie farmers and rural communities throughout Australia, by providing meaningful support for farmers, delivering hay and other essential items for those who have no feed left for their livestock.

The Buy a Bale program in association with Toyota and Woolworths has, so far, distributed over $3 million worth of fodder to farmers around Australia, but with the worsening drought and the need for a lot more has these companies are committed to distributing more through the funds raised at the HAY MATE concert.

Nine are throwing their weight behind the Hay Mate concert and will be running a national telethon live from Scully Park with the help of all the drought relief partners on Saturday, October 27 at 7.00pm on Nine.

NINE’S DROUGHT RELIEF APPEAL RAISES MORE THAN $9 MILLION FOR AUSSIE FARMERS

The legendary Aussie spirit of mateship and generosity has shone through, with viewers around the country so far raising an astounding $9,025,114 for Nine’s FIGHTING FOR OUR FARMERS Drought Relief Appeal .

Donations of all amounts are coming in from far and wide to help those affected by the country’s worst drought in 100 years. All donations are being administered by Rotary Australia and distributed to drought-affected farmers with the aid of the National Farmers’ Federation.

The latest allocation of the money raised has been announced by the National Farmers Federation (NFF), with these organisations handed funds to continue to undertake their amazing work:

CWA of NSW - $250,000 Financial assistance for household expenses up to $3000 per farm

Queensland CWA - $250,000 Financial assistance for household expenses up to $5000 per farm

Salvation Army/NSW Farmers Drought Relief - $250,000 Financial and pastoral support for farm households, including gift cards for use in local shops.

Drought Angels - $250,000 Wide ranging support for farmers in Qld, from fodder and water, to household expenses, mental health services and more.

Rotary Clubs of Longreach, Moranbah and Pioneer Valley - $250,000 Volunteer visits, mental health support, bill relief and education expenses.

Rotary District 9630 (Southern Qld) - $250,000 Financial assistance for food and other household necessities for farming families in drought affected areas of Southern Qld.

The Lions ‘Need for Feed’ initiative, which was allocated $500,000 from the Drought Relief Appeal last week, will see 70-90 trucks loaded with feed and other necessities for farmers throughout NSW hit the road this Friday.

National Farmers’ Federation President, Fiona Simson, says : “We are overwhelmed by the generosity of Australians. We are committed to seeing that every single dollar is translated into the help that our farmers need. We’re already seeing the charities, who have received funds from the appeal, delivering significant help with fodder, water, and household expenses. The only way this drought can be fixed is by rain, but in the meantime, the generosity of Australians will help ease the burden for our farmers.”

1 Like

NINE’S DROUGHT RELIEF APPEAL RAISES $10 MILLION FOR AUSSIE FARMERS

The generosity of Australians has shone through, with viewers and businesses around the country so far raising an astonishing $10,031,467 for Nine’s FIGHTING FOR OUR FARMERS Drought Relief Appeal .

Donations of all amounts are coming in from far and wide to help those affected by the country’s worst drought in 100 years. All donations are being administered by Rotary Australia – whose army of volunteers have symbolised the outpouring of community support – and distributed to drought-affected farmers with the aid of the National Farmers’ Federation.

Hugh Marks, CEO of Nine, said: “All the individuals and companies who have supported the Today Show’s Drought Relief Appeal have helped us raise more than a staggering $10 million. A massive thank you to the many Australians who have chosen to help our farmers through this effort. I’m sure the farmers have been encouraged by this response and, although what they really need more than anything right now is rain, these funds will help them until it arrives.”

With key partners Westpac and Optus throwing their resources behind the cause, the Drought Relief Appeal has seen everyday Australians and big business come together to show their support for our farmers, with all donations being distributed to key charities on the frontline of the crisis.

One such charity has been the Country Women’s Association, which has received $1 million to offer grants to help with household bills.

CWA NSW President, Annette Turner, said: “So far we have been able to get $1 million out to 634 families and we still have a long way to go thanks to the donations that are coming in. I’d like to say thank you to everyone that has donated…they have touched the hearts of farmers for a long time to come.”

But with summer just around the corner and no major rainfall in sight, all Australians are being encouraged to get behind our farmers for the foreseeable future and let them know we have their backs.

National Farmers’ Federation President, Fiona Simson, said : “Generous Australians can be assured that their donations are already helping our farmers. So far, $2.5 million has gone to directly helping farmers with hay for their animals and assistance with everyday household expenses. With the warmer months upon us and still no drought-breaking rains, we’re treating the distribution of relief funds as a marathon not a sprint.”

The appeal has been boosted by $200,000 worth of donations from McDonalds customers across the country. For a breakdown of where donations are being distributed, click here: https://www.9now.com.au/today/2018/extras/latest/august/drought-relief-fund

A Benefit Concert For The Farmers
https://www.9nbn.com.au/content/2018-hay-mate

1 Like

HAY MATE: BUY A BALE hosts CONFIRMED

Saturday 27 October at 7.00pm

Entertainment guru Richard Wilkins and TODAY Extra hosts Sonia Kruger and David Campbell will add sparkle to the stage when John Farnham headlines the fundraiser on Nine and 9Now.

The Nine Network is bringing its star hosts to Tamworth for the Hay Mate: Buy a Bale benefit concert and telethon for Australia’s drought-stricken farmers on Saturday, October 27, at 7.00pm.

The Hay Mate : Buy a Bale national telethon will broadcast live from Tamworth’s Scully Park, with other big-name Aussie artists Daryl Braithwaite, Guy Sebastian, The Veronicas, Jon Stevens and Andrew Farriss from INXS confirmed to rock the stage.

All funds raised from this concert for the farmers will go to Rural Aid, who provide frontline counselling services for farmers to deal with the financial, emotional and physical stress of drought.

Nine’s entertainment editor, Richard Wilkins, is a big fan of pulling on his Akubra, and as soon as he heard Nine would broadcast the concert he was the first to put his hand up and get involved.

“With so many families facing so much adversity, to have the opportunity to help is the least we can do. We have an amazing lineup of talent and I can’t wait to support this great cause,” Wilkins said.

Born in Queensland’s Darling Downs region, TODAY Extra co-host Sonia Kruger is a country girl at heart who has seen firsthand what the crippling drought is doing to regional Australia.

“This is a devastating time for our farmers so it’s a privilege to be involved with the Hay Mate: Buy a Bale benefit. Our aim is to raise a huge amount of money and provide some much-needed relief to the farmers and families suffering out there,” Kruger said.

With rock music running through his veins, TODAY Extra co-host David Campbell knows all too well what triumphs the entertainment industry can deliver when it bands together.

“Our industry is an amazing beast when it unites for a good cause, and what better cause is there than the backbone of our great nation. I’m honoured to be involved in the Hay Mate concert and can’t wait to get out there and help our Aussie farmers,” Campbell said.

Also, Natalie Conway will perform her brand new single So Loud during the Hay Mate concert.

I’m a little underwhelmed with tonight’s telecast, by the way I hate being even the least bit critical about such a great cause, so I’ll try and be careful.

But apart from some great acts/songs, the set-up is just too one dimensional for me. It just doesn’t seem like a TV-made event, which it’s not I guess. I’m sure if I were there in Tamworth I’d love it a lot more. I don’t think most will watch the entire 3.5 hour telecast, though I’m sure some will. And it’s also bound to rate well, I mean if a football award count can to 600k in one city for 3 hours!

But well done for Nine’s effort, not a whole lot else good on tonight, well there is actually, but this would be probably the pick or equal pick.

What do others think? I am keeping in mind a lot of the artists will relate more with older audiences too.

3 Likes