Eurovision Song Contest

I was the same with Sam Pang at first while Julia was great from the start. They certainly worked well together and grew into a great commentary duo.

I think Myf and Joel are doing a good job. I’m sure they will get better with time too.

5 Likes

They should’ve got Bob Downe.

I have to disagree JBar - Myf and Joel are doing a horrendous job. And it’s not simply about stylistic differences, or a matter of personal taste - they haven’t got the fundamentals of good commentary right.

I thought last night’s semi was full of bad songs - tonight’s was even worse. Barely one memorable tune. What a shame Dami wasn’t competing this year, she would have won EASILY.

I honestly can’t pick a decent winner - I guess the Portugese guy might win it, but I hate even that. Catchier songs next year please!

A top 10 finish for Australia is not bad. Below our result in previous years but alright.

1 Like

With little help from the public though…just 2 votes! Thank goodness for the jury!!

2 Likes

Aussie bogan jumps on stage during Jamala’s performance and moons the audience so this could be the last time Australia is invited to Eurovision. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Despite the Aussie flag…

Thankfully he wasn’t Australian. He was a Ukrainian serial pest.

3 Likes

Isaiah did a good job but the bland song let him down. Glad to see Portugal win after all this time even if it wasn’t my personal favourite. Belgium and Sweden for me.

UK did better than previous years.

I wonder how he got or why he used an Aussie flag as a cape.

Protesting our inclusion perhaps

1 Like

Probably not too hard to get hold of an Aussie flag. Especially at Eurovision… they are everywhere :stuck_out_tongue:

And why? A decoy perhaps

Hopefully there wasn’t a sinister reason behind it though, as @Bort above suggested. The Australian newspaper is suggesting that this prank might have cost Australia phone votes.

I can imagine that they might consider building the stages higher above the audience in future now or keep the audience further back from the performers.

1 Like

I wonder if the low tele vote partially reflects what Europeans think of Australia participating for the third year or it was just because of the song and performance.

1 Like

probably a combination of both. The novelty of Australia being there was bound to wear off sooner or later.

I get the feeling those flags are readily available in the crowd. Australian flag would be a good cover if you’re a Ukrainian serial pest.

1 Like

I think a little bit of both probably. The public vote went a little against Dami too last year but nowhere near that bad. Her song was way, way better though. UK public vote was also very bad, probably due to Brexit. Pity because their act was good this year.

1 Like

of course they are. Wouldn’t be hard to pinch or borrow or just find someone else’s flag… of any country.

1 Like

Portugal was always going to win, all the other countries were destined to lose this year according to some people …

https://twitter.com/AodhBC/status/863528395182923777