Driving & Traffic

Don’t know, I did this at 5am this morning. I drove back from Newcastle after the game last night (don’t ask), and took my time getting back (I had a catnap at the Hawkesbury River rest area). Bugger all traffic, but I did think it saved a bit, although it’s negligible because to get to my place in Ashfield, I need to go back onto Liverpool Road.

Depends. To get to Olympic Park I might use it if it gets me there quicker. When I move schools in Term 4 I might use it as I won’t have a place out there by the end of the year.

I hate tolls in any case, especially how the RMS does it (that’s for another thread). Time will tell.

Yes from the sounds of things, but as the “alarm” interrupted 2GB and WSFM and ABC News on DAB in the tunnel, I couldn’t tell if it dropped out.

I did film it on my dashcam, but forgot to download it before it got wiped. Whoops. :frowning:

3 Likes
2 Likes

Some did film it going from Haberfield to Homebush and the other way.

5 Likes

my video:

4 Likes

Why does NSW insist on putting a box around the alphanumeric road signs like M4. None of the other states do as far as I know. Why can’t we have some consistency?

Because NSW is “special”. #IWorkForNSW #PayUsMoreGladys

1 Like

…especially when more time and money seems to be spent on rebranding state government organisations than the actual services! :confused:

Victoria is starting to get those boxes too, I’ve seen them in a few places

1 Like

Do you think it’s a waratah or a lotus flower?

I thought it was a dunny brush with the handle missing.

1 Like

I would probably say that it’s the colour of a waratah but the shape of a lotus.

The NSW Government probably would’ve been better off throwing some money at Myer for the Grace Bros waratah!

1 Like

Do you know where, exactly?

Vic has always had the National highways in the shields, is this what you’re thinking of?

The Nowra area in general is very poorly planned. I personally think it’s ridiculous how there is only one river crossing over the Shoalhaven River. At the very least, there should be another road crossing which services the local area, even if it was not built to motorway standards. The traffic is chaotic when an accident occurs on the bridge.

You would like to think so, but I actually tend to think that a bypass of Milton-Ulladulla will be built first. The Government has even talked about duplicating the stretch of the Princes Highway between Jervis Bay Road and Sussex Inlet before any potential bypass of Nowra. I honestly can’t see a Nowra bypass being built for at least another 10-15 years.

I agree that the Princes Highway through Bomaderry can be pretty bad traffic wise, but I’ve always found the stretch of the Highway between Bridge Road and Kalandar Street to be much worse. It isn’t uncommon to see traffic banked up from the Stockland shopping centre down to the set of traffic lights on Kalandar Street.

1 Like

They missed a golden opportunity to fund a second bridge in the 1990s.

The Bacon Boys on Power FM could have led the campaign for the Pig Island Bridge.

3 Likes

No the boxes around the alphanumeric signs like M1, M25 etc. To my knowledge only NSW puts a box around those. Qld definitely doesn’t.

A box or shield? I think it is similar.

https://www.travelvictoria.com.au/victoria/roads/

4 Likes

Yeah…I actually prefer how NSW puts a box around the alphanumeric signs if that first picture is anything to go by.

1 Like

That first sign has got too much going on LOL

1 Like

Western Highway around Horsham or Stawell, wasn’t the National Highway shield. Haven’t managed to find on street view

1 Like