Disney+

Comedy series Reboot, from Modern Family co-creator Steven Levitan, premieres on Disney+ on September 20.

Donna Hay’s latest cooking series, Donna Hay Christmas, premieres on Disney+ globally on November 2.

2 Likes

Disney+ is offering new and returning subscribers a special deal to mark Disney+ Day.

Starting today at 2:00pm AEST those subscribers can get their first month of Disney+ for $1.99 AUD here, then rolling to a standard monthly subscription.

I am beginning to think Disney Plus is the best streaming service out there with the amount of variety. Netflix is starting to loose alot of ground by the crap they put out continually

5 Likes

Easily.

They can produce originals through multiple brands (ABC, Hulu, FX, Star, Marvel, Lucas, Nat Geo, Disney, Pixar) which means every demographic is covered.

HBOmax would be closest, but it appears their strategy might have been derailed by the merger with Discovery

Isn’t Disney Plus getting an advertising tier in Australia or was it only Netflix?

only netflix

Yes Disney announced back in March this year that they will be launching one late 2022.

1 Like

Might hold off renewing for a year then and go monthly. Then again $11.99 a month when paying yearly is pretty decent .

Does anyone know how to skip/switch off international credits which run after an episode ends on Disney+?

1 Like

Just exit the episode. What are you trying to skip? There’s nothing left after the international credits roll.

That’s what I do but I’d rather they not appear at all and skip to the next episode like Amazon Prime does.

Ah I see. Skip as in skip to the next episode. Sorry I took it as skip to an end credits scene within a movie or TV series.

Yeah, fair enough. Should be an option.

1 Like

I was just thinking … when will King of the Hill ever be on streaming

Apparently it arrives today, all seasons ! yay…

Now just waiting for The Wonder Years, last time i saw it on tv it was on the ABC .

1 Like

zero mention of King of the Hill on JustWatch or the list of coming to Disney+ in Australia in September, I take your comment with a grain of salt.

It’s true. Look on whatsondisneyplus.com

1 Like

There is a lot of content from 20th Century-Fox and Touchstone Pictures that are still not on Disney+ as yet: movies include The Rose, New York Stories, Ruthless People, Ghost in the Machine, Airheads, All That Jazz, What About Bob, Revenge of the Nerds, Mother Jugs and Speed and Vanishing Point. And a year on after I first subscribed to Disney Plus still no trace of Ally McBeal (Fox’s biggest TV hit of the 1990s) or Home Improvement (Disney/Touchstone TV’s biggest hit of the same decade). Is it due to licensing issues or Disney deeming these titles make more money through pay per view deals?

2 Likes

thanks! Let the King of the Hill binge viewing begin!

With an apology for doubting @TV_Addict too im sure :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like