Digital TV Technical Discussion

I noticed a strong signal in Brisbane today on the 4K test channel 28 but couldn’t lock onto it. Then it disappeared.

4 Likes

The Brisbane signal is back but as far as I can tell it has no information.

I have managed to get a picture to decode from the Mt Tamborine signal even though that should theoretically be swamped by the local signal. So far have only got a very short scenic loop.

4 Likes

I managed to get this to work but for some reason, I can only get it on channel 365. No sound though

1 Like

There isn’t any designated channel number at the moment, so the TV puts it in the range 351-400.

1 Like

I guess a question for those with broadcast engineering experience?

What would broadcast quality equipment receive it on? Would they use the frequency rather than LCN?

Does anybody know why the channel is still showing as HD? Isn’t this meant to be a 4k test

1 Like

Originally post under Nine News

ACMA inspectors with radio direction finding equipment trying to find what is stopping keyless cars entry from working.

ACMA have narrowed the location down to a Chemist Warehouse but don’t know what the device is with a suggestion it could be a faulty TV amplifier.

2 Likes

Get a look at the shopper in the thumbnail, that’s reason enough to keep me away from clicking on it! Classy Joondalup.

1 Like

Bald Knob TV for Sunshine Coast North seems to be off air this morning commercial (regional) and ABC/SBS - at least it isn’t making it to Brisbane. Can receive the stations at Nambour that are further away SC South which is Brisbane commercials also seems OK.

2 Likes

I was later able to receive the Sunshine Coast Nth DTV services at a very low level, then after a couple of hours the signal level jumped back to normal. Certainly seemed like a transmitter issue.

4 Likes

Could be a ducting issue… I have seen Sydney TV signals disappear (dropping short) as there are really no other signals to impact on them at my south facing location.

1 Like

Does BA manage the SC North signals at that site?

It’s a TXA site as far as I’m aware.

1 Like

correct.

1 Like

It’s possible but going against that is that the Southern Sunshine Coast stations seemed unaffected and they come from the same location.

2 Likes

10 Bold Canberra (via WIN) has been having some issues. The screen has been shaking (seizure alert?) and sometimes the footage cuts off. The commercials are now playing (at the time of writing), without audio.

1 Like

More incompetence from Media Hub.

1 Like

This didn’t last long… It was resolved by the time NCIS started airing.

Good youtube series on digital TV:

4 Likes

I’ve always liked his channel. His Raspberry Pi MATV system is awesome.

2 Likes