Digital Radio

MMM Greatest Hits playing right now Our Lips are Sealed, Go Gos.

McCartney Week has officially finished.

May it never happen again.

3 Likes

*Alex the Seal

Fixed it for you :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Well happy to hear True Love by the Rascals. Hope they continue to play 60s music.

1 Like

Had Greatest Hits on in the car on the way to work this morning. Loving it! My life is now complete with Classic Rock, Modern and Greatest Hits.

You know I was trying to remember the last time I listened to a normal FM station and I canā€™t even remember! I guess mainstream FM is now dead for me and I have no need to put up with all the talk, sport and endless commercials.

I now will only need DAB stations - the three MMM stations, Easy Hits, The 80s, The 90s and Smooth digital. Iā€™m set.

The thing that strikes me is that these stations sound to me like FM used to sound. The FM of today bears no resemblance to this.

5 Likes

If I had a car that has DAB+, I would give the FM stations a miss, at least when Iā€™m in the major cities. If I want local news & information, I would tune to the DAB+ simulcast of the AM stations, such as ABC Local Radio or an AM music station (eg. 2CH, 4KQ, Cruise, 6iX).

[Quote=ā€œBrianc68, post:1148, topic:231, full:trueā€]
I now will only need DAB stations - the three MMM stations, Easy Hits, The 80s, The 90s and Smooth digital. Iā€™m set.[/quote]

I notice you have 7 stations as your favourites. On your DAB+ car radio, since you can only preset 6 stations per section (DAB-1), the 7th station would have to be relegated to the next section (DAB-2). If youā€™re in Melbourne, where they have Classic Rock Radio, Aussie & KOOOL, you would have plenty of your favourite DAB+ stations spread across at least both sections.

After Triple M originally shut down Classic Rock Digital back in October last year, I thought DAB+ had lost its value, at least in Sydney. But since the beginning of this month, it has bounced back up in value, mainly thanks to the ā€˜rebirthā€™ of MMM Classic Rock Digital, as well as introducing MMM Greatest Hits & Modern Digital.

That is quite true. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The Range page on Facebook has a handful of complaints that is has disappeared from digital radio. The advice from The Range is to stream it via Radioapp.

Jukebox in Siberia by The Skyhooks on Greatest Hits. Wow.

4 Likes

Yes my only issue is having only 6 DAB presets. Currently itā€™s a battle between The 90s and Triple M Modern for that 6th spot :slight_smile:

Although I do have DAB-2 and DAB-3 so Iā€™m going to have to start using those now. I think on DAB-2 Iā€™ll put: Double J, Triple M Modern, ABC Brisbane, 4KQ.

1 Like

My only comment on greatest hits, I think they should sound a bit more like 2ca. Its a bit too much like classic rock.

Though the problem with the DAB presets in the Focus that you and I have is that a maximum of 6 can only be assigned to each of 9A, 9B and 9C ie. you canā€™t put a 7th preset from 9A onto the 9B presets.

If I understand correctly, based on Brianc68ā€™s favourites (in no particular order) in Brisbane:

9A

1. MMM Classic Rock
  2. MMM Modern
  3. The 80s
  4. The 90s
  5. Smooth
  6. 4KQ

9B

1. MMM Greatest Hits
  2. Easy Hits

9C

1. Double J
  2. ABC Brisbane

Brian canā€™t preset any more stations that broadcasts on the 9A frequency than what heā€™s got now, yet heā€™s got 4 more from both 9B & 9C.

If this is Sydney (again, in no particular order):

9A

1. MMM Classic Rock
  2. MMM Greatest Hits
  3. MMM Modern
  4. Easy Hits

9B

1. The 80s
  2. The 90s
  3. 2CH

9C

1. Double J
  2. ABC Sydney

Thereā€™s still 2 more stations to preset from 9A, 3 more from 9B & 4 more from 9C.

As for Melbourne, where things get a bit more interesting:

9A

1. MMM Classic Rock
  2. MMM Modern
  3. Classic Rock Radio
  4. Aussie
  5. KOOOL

9B

1. MMM Greatest Hits
  2. Easy Hits
  3. The 80s
  4. The 90s

9C

1. Double J
  2. ABC Melbourne

Thereā€™s only 1 more to preset from 9A, 2 more from 9B & 4 more from 9C.

1 Like

I donā€™t think thatā€™s right. I can preset whatever I like in each of the DAB-1, 2 or 3.

I can select whatever station I want from the 9A, 9B etc and preset it wherever.

Iā€™ve currently got
DAB-1
Smooth
Easy Hits
MMM Greatest
The 80s
The 90s
MMM Classic Rock

DAB-2
Double J
MMM Modern
Triple M
4KQ
ABC Brisbane
ABC RN

It makes no difference where the station is.

2 Likes

Thanks, Iā€™ll have another look at mineā€¦ maybe its a Sync 3 thing, since yours is Sync 2 ?

I reckon it should still work with Sync 3.
Just be in the DAB preset area you want to save it in, and then browse and select the station from whichever 9A, 9B it is. It should then let you save it into whatever preset you want by holding your finger on the preset for a couple of seconds.

I think SCA might have gone some way to ensure the success of DAB with these MMM and Hit offerings.

To me theyā€™ve certainly stolen the march particularly on ARN with Greatest Hits and Classic Rock, and also Easy Hits.

The 80s and The 90s are fine but at the very least ARN should have Pure Gold on DAB in Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth, and Classic Hits (i.e. 4KQ/Cruise) on DAB in Sydney and Melbourne.

They should also have KIIS on DAB in Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth and a MIX (97.3/Mix 102.3) stream in Sydney and Melbourne. Although they might have missed the boat already with Easy Hits on air in all capitals.

Anyway kudos to SCA for once!

5 Likes

Loved OMG but was missing it whilst they had the Paul McCartney week on MMM GHD. Now itā€™s over itā€™s clear itā€™s more or less OMG with an updated playlist. Even some of the adā€™s say OMG itā€™s MMM Greatest Hits Digital

4 Likes

After having given MMM GHD a good listen over the last couple of days, to my ears, itā€™s missing some of the lesser play songs that you would hear on OMG. The music is a bit too much on the safe side for my liking.

2 Likes

Itā€™s a little safer than OMG for sure .But Iā€™m still liking it a lot.

2 Likes

MMM stations pretty good but I still prefer Pacific Starā€™s Classic Rock radio

yes I agree, the music is similar to what you hear on Triple M Regionalā€™s Greatest Hits stations (but without MMMā€™s talk shows, football, Ray Hadley and Alan Jones)

1 Like