Digital Radio

I think they have. There’s certainly not “modern rock” to the extent there was… it seems to be a much more even spread of rock across the decades from the 70s to now…

Still, there isn’t much 60s music, except for the odd bit of Jimi Hendrix eg. I don’t think I’ve heard them play much Creedence at all.

1 Like

I agree. Changes to playlists such as these need to be gradual so that they happen without everyday listeners really noticing.

Yeah exactly and they said around that time that their going to be adding more digital radio channels next year what do you all think it will be because In my opinion they’ve got all bases covered expect for a rock station

Knowing SCA, they’ll probably relaunch some (well, probably most) of their DAB+ only stations again by the end of 2017. I think I’ve lost count of how many DAB+ offerings they’ve tried in recent years!

2 Likes

It was rumoured that a modern rock and classic rock station was in the works by southern cross Austereo

So have I think the best one they tried was remember the very ill fated non stop bird noses bird radio

1 Like

And also if it’s anything to go by OMGradio if their digital radio stations in the future is going to be like that then we’re in trouble

New wave as a format would be great.

There’ll be 4/9 of the multiplex vacant on the Gold Coast + incumbent allocation, let’s see what they do there.

The auction for the excess spectrum, should happen as soon as legislation permits.

I don’t mind OMG! actually.

They do play stuff that you wouldn’t hear on FM and it’s good to get away from regular radio with its endless chatter & sport and to just get back to straight music.

I can’t see SCA putting too much money into a Digital only station, as we saw with Classic Rock, if it gets TOO popular, they’ll dump it and incorporate that into an FM station.

2 Likes

Yeah that maybe a possibility since it’s got a format that some people like and we all know If OMG gets too popular Austereo would dump it

@Radiohead, Pacific Star’s Classic Rock Radio plays lots of 60’s including Creedance. I know it’s Melbourne only on DAB+ but they have an online presence and an app for those in other places. They play a great variety of the 60’s 70’s and 80’s imo.

1 Like

Yeah I tryed them out and I agree they do but i think it’s sad personally that a am sports channel has to launch one and not the other companies

They seriously need to get some jocks on that station (and no, the fishing show doesn’t count). Even voicetracked shifts like 3MP had towards its end.

@Jack Their other station is a sports station, SEN, but Classic Rock Radio is on AM. They have have two other DAB+ stations, Aussie and Koool. For a small company I believe they are more imaginative than the big companies and they play a better selection on all their stations.

@AustralianAerial Personally I don’t miss 'jocks" unless it’s someone who knows the music and adds to the music. And the fishing show needs to go! :grin:

1 Like

Yeah that’s right but I think that Austereo should launch a 70s and 80s hard rock station becouse in my opinion something like that could work

Yeah I doubt Oldskool will be around for long once SCA suspect they are taking more than 100 listeners from HIT

Adding a few over flogged Chisel and ACDC tracks to FM didn’t appease me.

It didn’t appese me either and your right with Oldskool I would give it a year before that happens

1 Like

Easy radio been saying for a past couple of days that they’ve widened their playlist because of listener feedback has anyone else noticed this I think from disgruntled listeners from stardust radio :joy::joy: