Did They Really Just Play That?

I could not agree with more there mate. I think both versions of that song are horrendous :grimacing:

3 Likes

Yeah, an instant station-changer for me, as above. Aerosmith’s “I Don’t Wanna Miss A Thing” is another- probably the worst hit song of the 90s.

4 Likes

Definitely agree on that one too

2 Likes

At 12:53 PM, Sea FM Central Queensland (and I assume many of the Local Works stations across Qld soon to be rebranded MMM Local Works) Played Local Hero (Wild Theme).

3 Likes

Listening to Fun dab in Sydney, the classic station, I heard " I want to sex you up" by Color Me Badd. Not sure if 2ch adopts this classic hits format will this song be played. (Assuming it is bought out by Callis)

Sia featuring Kendrick Lamar - The Greatest played on 2GO Central Coast this afternoon.

While they do say they play “The Greatest Hits…” I’m not quite sure Sia and Kendrick qualify?

Every couple of months that station seems to move more and more closer to Star FM’s playlist.

1 Like

Log from Gold FM on the Gold Coast… you’ll find that these stations bring a few more “hits” into the mix in the Summer log.

Ah, right! Thanks for clearing that up :slight_smile:

all good - I heard it too driving around 2 songs after the 2pm news - had a bit of a grin myself because it didn’t sound like a Greatest Hit song.

Been listening to the Rebel on the new Radioapp and really liking the playlist.

Then they play "Against all Odd’s"by Phil Collins…not too sure if that’s rock.

3 Likes

@Jonesy72, That Phil Collins song would be classified under soft rock. That is one reason why I like the Rebel, it plays a wide variety of rock. ( Most types of rock) This is how the M’s should sound :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Jonesy72
That’s the reason I love Rebel. They’re not afraid to throw in an unexpected soft rock track.
That’s what made FM104 great too. I remember them playing songs like Holding Back The Years by Simply Red and Talk To Me by Stevie Nicks in the mix with traditional classic rock (Pink Floyd etc.) and the usual Aussie rock (INXS, Midnight Oil).

The longer you listen to Rebel the more you’ll appreciate it I suspect :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ice Ice Baby on 2ST…

That’s maybe part of the 20/20 Retro Countdown in which 2ST are airing ‘encores’ of on Sunday (possibly also Saturday) afternoons outside of the NRL season, as I’ve discovered 2 weeks ago. The program originates out of River 94.9 in Ipswich.

On a related note, 2ST are now airing 20/20 Retro Countdown at 12-2pm weekdays.

Yeah, it’s part of the 20/20 Retro Countdown which is featuring 1990.

The Politics Of Dancing- RE-FLEX. Heard on Rebel this evening. Great song, but more out of place than the Phil Collins tune mentioned earlier. I suppose FM104ROCKINSTEREO played it.

You beat me to it - I heard that in the car and was thinking just that. Don’t mind the left-field stuff they play, even if it doesn’t fit the strict rock definition. Balances out the heavy metal during the breakfast/drive shifts

1 Like

Yes they did indeed.

Triple M Sydney just played

He’ll Never Be An Old Man River - TISM

I don’t mind this song actually, but it’s not one I expected to hear on 2MMM.

And that was followed by

All Along The Watchtower - Jimi Hendrix

That combination strikes me as a bit odd…

1 Like

I remember You’ll Never Be an Old Man River being played on NYE on MMM a couple of years ago, fairly close to the midnight countdown too!

1 Like