Did They Really Just Play That?

I heard that on Gold a few weeks back - not sure if it’s more or less suited to them than Rebel.

I heard a Stevie Wonder song on The Edge Sydney (oops I mean blue mountains😛)

2 Likes

Really?!

Which song?

According to this link, it was “Higher Ground”.

I don’t think that song would even get played on WS, despite being the more appropriate station for that song.

2 Likes

Yes higher ground you beat me to it :). I forgot the name , I had to sample some YouTube.

I like that song actually :slight_smile:
They play it on Breeze.

Maybe it’s appropriate for The Edge since it’s transmitter is on ‘higher ground’ (as is the market they are “supposed” to be servicing).

1 Like

I just heard Rebel FM, immediately after playing a “we’re the station that rocks” promo, proceed to play that hideous Richard Springthorpe number “Jessie’s Girl” :-1:

Sure, it might have a (rather terrible) guitar line in it, but that alone does not a rock song make. Let’s have no more of that…

I’ve heard them play ‘This Is The Last Time’ by Keane before. I love the song but that is suited to The Breeze rather then Rebel!

Gimme Little Sign- PETER ANDRE
Backstreet’s Back- BACKSTREET BOYS
Copacabana- BARRY MANILOW
Barbie Girl- AQUA

All on 2GN’s party mix tonight, right alongside the other classics in the great songs thread.

Yesterday I heard Lucky Number by Lene Lovich on 4KQ.

Absolutely loved it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Listening to radio station 4US up here last night (Indigenous Radio) at 9:42 I immediately though OH NO when I thought the start of Achy Breaky Heart started playing. Turned out however to be Weird Al’s Achy Breaky Song instead.

Mike Posner – Be As You Are, pumping across the Atherton tablelands on 4AM this afternoon [16:10]

(Streaming via nqradio.com.au, where 4AM, 4AY, 4KZ, KIK-FM and KOOL FM are all streaming)

Edit: they’ve just outdone themselves by playing the new Chainsmokers song :mask:

3 Likes

Big Yellow Taxi- COUNTING CROWS feat. VANESSA CARLTON (Magic 2CH/3EE/4BH). One of those insipid songs that spreads like an STD to just about every station. It was released in 2002; not even creative programmers could pass this off as a classic hit.

1 Like

Tuff Enuff- THE FABULOUS THUNDERBIRDS. Guess the station?

definitely not Triple M!

Triple M is the station that should be playing it! It was 2MBS :smile: . It aired on their “Stormy Monday” blues show, which evidently dabbles in blues rock.

It might be heard on Rebel occasionally; it’s a Rock Antenne: Classic Perlen staple.

Can’t find 4AY on the streaming page.

Wonder why Kool’s stream is from a very poor off-air source and not out the brodacast chain like the rest? If that’s the best monitoring quality they have for Kool, then it’s quite bad.

Oh no… 96FM just pre-announced this version of ‘Big Yellow Taxi’ as an all-time classic :confused:

1 Like

The Counting Crows version of Big Yellow Taxi is actually on my most hated song list. I absolutely despise their version

4 Likes