Did They Really Just Play That?

Instant station changer…

4 Likes

Yep- that one is a bona fide shocker.

I quite like this song though, which shares the same title. A KROQ-only new wave hit:

2 Likes

Whilst in Sydney last weekend, I heard this in the car on 105.3 KIX Country

Have You Ever Seen The Rain - Creedence Clearwater Revival

Never would have considered that to be a country song.

4 Likes

CCR dubbed themselves ‘swamp rock’, basically rock with Southern American countryfied roots. They pretended to be ‘Born On The Bayou’ despite being from sunny California. But definitely not out-and-out country.

5 Likes

In an usual series of events, the Hit stations are slowly starting to take force on Prince (no wait, it was by The ARTIST Formerly Known As Prince)'s The Most Beautiful Girl In The World. A song that’s long-time affected by a lawsuit (and Hit are now giving Warner Chapel Music some royalties) is continuing to be a Smooth FM staple and then some.

Also, it’s funny how iHeartRadio is displaying the cover for a DIFFERENT “Most Beautiful Girl” song when it plays on-air!

2 Likes

As long as they play 1999 and When Doves Cry less.

3 Likes

I really have to put this one in here because it is quite inappropriate at the moment really!

Celebration - Dragon

Just played on WSFM 80s.

4 Likes

Played last Wed just after 6am on Gold104.3 Christian O’Connell back-announced by apologising for the song choice…an hour later the music was I’m Still Standing by Elton John…

4 Likes

That song is always innappropriate :slight_smile: Instant station changer for me.

6 Likes

You never like to celebrate anything?

1 Like

No I hate the song.

3 Likes

Are you a grumpy old man?

1 Like

No I hate that particular song. It’s really lame.

What’s not to get?

5 Likes

Oh, I get it.

1 Like

I’m not a huge fan of both versions.

4 Likes

Which do you mean? There at least three well known versions.

The original Celebration was by Kool & the Gang in 1980. Dragon covered it in 1987 and Kylie Minogue covered it in 1991.

2 Likes

Metallica’s Nothing Else Matters was heard on RadioTAB yesterday

I admit I don’t listen to much racing radio, so didn’t expect them to slip in a Metallica number between a couple of race calls (even if it was a ballad). I guess they do slip some music in during the day in between races?

6 Likes

Lonely by Akon heard on Double J “The Funhouse” with Richard Kingsmill. It was a song from the ringtone pop era of the 2000s (remember those ads for Jamster on Foxtel and Southern Cross Ten in that era?).

4 Likes

‘Ringtone pop’…basically Crazy Frog but not much else?

That Akon song is a right shocker and is a prime example of how I hold no nostalgia toward the music of my (late) high school years.

2 Likes

It samples Bobby Vinton’s 1964 hit “Mr Lonely”.

For those wondering what the original sounded like:

3 Likes
Get Connected: Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter