Dancing with the Stars

But Changing Rooms isn’t on a Monday night. Also the host isn’t a network personality.

Hoping DWTS does well but I doubt it.

8 Likes

That set looks pretty good

1 Like

Why do they need 4 judges anyway?

It looks HUGE!

Very Strictly Come Dancing style.

Wow. That set looks amazing. Can’t wait to see it in motion tonight.

They weren’t wrong about shiny floor format!

I did a quick quiz at work this arvo to ask who will be tuning in, out of 6 I’m the only one. MAFS has some of the work folk locked in.

Good luck 10.

3 Likes

Yep very much like American version. I have all the seasons of the American version, however id assume the set would have been based on the strictly come dancing one for consistency across the board.

So the dancers will just be dressed in whatever they picked up off the floor this morning, sniffed to check it was still ok, then threw on?

Any reason they didn’t opt for mid/late year, when MAFS is all over? Just testing the waters?

Most defiantly the show I’d be more nervous about not firing currently.

The problem is these reality shows need some form of hysterical drama as seen with MAFS/MKR to pull 800k as a minimum. 1m people just won’t tune in for plain dancing.

I assume the judges (some) will be given the red cordial and some contestants possibly go rogue?

Looks completely different to when Ch 7 did it, I’m glad Ch 10 are giving it a cool, fresh look, audience not too over the top such as Games Of Games/

1 Like

Looks like there could be more people in the audience than watching at home.

Tenplay says Live Now: Dancing with the Stars but is showing the Project as we don’t have daylight saving in Qld. No way to change the state on the player to get it to show ?

The set and sound stage are huge for an Australian tv show. Good production values. Probably won’t watch though… too much Netflix etc to plough through.

5 Likes

I will be watching it live from NZ thankyou VPN probably the only 1 watching from NZ on Monday Night.
I truly hope it does well looks an amazing set

2 Likes

So @blackbox did Helen Ritchie get a consolation prize of a front row seat for the first episode?

3 Likes

It’s not looking great for DWTS based off fetch tv viewers.

4 Likes

I love Helen!

4 Likes

What difference do FETCH viewers make anyway, if you are going to just sit here and bag out a show because of the ratings, then sign up to be an entertainment reporter at News Corp.

1 Like

The whole thing looks like the mish mash between Dancing with the Stars America and Strictly Come Dancing.

I like how they get on with the show rather than the previews (used to be on Seven) where they say things like: “Who will dazzle the dancefloor?” and those claptraps. It already looks fresh and energetic.