Dancing with the Stars

2 Likes

I’d say it will just get 300,000 viewers. Even with all the promotions. I haven’t really seen any in Perth.

Falsely implying that anything that isn’t on Channel 7 will rate in Perth

1 Like

That would be damaging for 10.

Promotions mean nothing if the viewing audience is already committed to watching something else. I think the 2nd half of the show will do a lot better as viewers move from MKR and MAFS. I would have launched this on Thursday nights paired with Gogglebox to really own that late week slot and fast-tracked the Bachelor in Paradise to Mon-Wed.

4 Likes

Interesting that footage has been leaked, it wouldn’t be too hard to figure out where it’s come from (if the network or production company could be bothered) given how blatant the videoing of the set / rehearsals is.

1 Like

I think that sounds a bit silly. Bach in Paradise against Married would be an awful programming decision. I guess tomorrows figures will decide whether 10 has made the right move.

1 Like

If this is actually a leak, someone is going to lose their job now. I hope this was posted with permission.

Well it hasn’t really got anything to do with Blackbox. That employee was aware of the consequences of leaking. I have a feeling it was purposely leaked. So you can maybe see why some employees are a little confused.

I haven’t seen the footage but its not like I haven’t see rehersals on Courtney Acts instagram. So not really sure if its that big a deal anyway.

1 Like

Same, which is why I wanted to clarify if this was a real leak or not.

Either way I think there is still a level of responsibility of how blackbox uses information.

Why? They choose to leak it. They know the consequences. Simple as this there are obviously some very unhappy employees at 10 at the moment. Unhappy people talk and leak information. 10 probably need to look at why these leaks are coming out.

2 Likes

Fair point.

Think about some of the biggest stories in history…a lot of them have come from people leaking information they otherwise shouldn’t have.

While pictures of DWTS sets doesn’t fall into that category, @blackbox only has a responsibility to protect his source and publish the information, if he chooses.

4 Likes

Is this “leaked footage” really that big a deal? Clearly it’s been filmed on someone’s phone who is walking around set and does not seem to be doing that very secretly. They can’t care too much. Plus I’m not really getting anything from it except thinking that the studio actually looks really good. So it’s only encouraging me to watch.

1 Like

The only big deal is we’re getting a sneak preview. In the article I actually said it looks pretty amazing. The article was not negative towards DWTS at all.

1 Like

I will ALWAYS protect sources

Of course.

1 Like

It’s honestly the best marketing campaign I’ve seen from 10. Just walked out for a quick 15 minute break at work. Bus stop has a billboard, taxi drove past advertising it and then a bus. All in the space of 2 minutes.

4 Likes

Same here. Busses and trams are loaded with DWTS ads. Hope it pays off because I do like the show.

1 Like

Just a pity they didn’t spend half the money on Changing Rooms.

3 Likes