Cricket

I’m sure you now know that the Hurricanes have pulled it off, winning by 7 wickets with 5 balls to spare.
Matthew Wade top scored with 85.

There are two other Tests currently being played.

South Africa have beaten Pakistan by 6 wickets in a low scoring Test, where three of four innings yielded under 200 runs for each team.

And the Kiwis have set Sri Lanka a mammoth 660 for victory across the ditch, after piling on 4 for 585 declared, whereby in the first innings both teams were also both out for less than 200.

1 Like

No, but any rain delay usually results in a lot of time being lost to ensure that the outfield is dry enough.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Yes I am a sore loser. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, you don’t get your username for nothing!

:grin:

Lets be honest Australia will likely lose this. Why didn’t they get inventive and change the order? Khuwaja and Harris open. Head in at 3. Finch at 5.

D’Arcy Short and Matthew Wade and then George Bailey and they can get the bulk of what we need and then start with the rest of Aussie order.

Was a great game last night! Really bummed I don’t think I’ll be able to make any of the games this year, was hoping to go to the one tomorrow at UTas Stadium.

Hoping Australia can salvage something with this game and if they don’t win (I know, I like to still be optimistic!) at least come as close as possible like what happened in Adelaide or when we batted out for the draw in the UAE the other month.

1 Like

I wonder if they can get Short to play in the next test match.

I couldn’t care less if Khawaja got out next delivery its just great to see him taking the game on.

Nah you’re just part of the Mitchell Marsh fan club…

No I ain’t. :joy:

What is wrong with the wickets here in Melbourne? Whoever prepares them needs to get some advice from others in Australia because they seem to be the worse. Even the one at Marvel is very slow.

Well Matt Page has come across from the WACA and the MCC are committed to producing a better wicket. So far he’s only been able to work with what he inherited and I think it’s fair today it’s an improvement from last summer’s test and shield pitches

I feel India could’ve batted a bit more attacking in the first innings. Unsuspecting they were playing for a draw until the woeful first innings from Australia.

2 Likes

Thanks for the insight. I didn’t realise this.

1 Like

Cameron Bancroft will return to playing Big Bash Cricket for Perth Scorchers when they take on the Hobart Hurricanes in Launceston following the ball tampering saga 9 months ago. However, he will NOT be eligible to play international cricket until the end of March. Meanwhile, Steve Smith will play in the Bangladesh Premier league after his ban is lifted. I think Steve Smith will not play International Cricket until the Cricket World Cup in England.

Incorrect, his suspension was less than Warmer and Smith, will be eligible for selection. Whether is selected is another matter.

1 Like

I’m still not driving but I think I’ve scored a lift and ticket to the Hurricanes match today. Will be interesting to see how the crowd reacts to Bancroft with it being an away crowd. I’ll pack my sandpaper.

Hopefully people are respectful of him to be honest. Who hasn’t made a mistake? No need to taunt this long after the incident.

2 Likes

Yeah, I was being facetious there but I do hope that it goes alright for him, don’t want it to go too well as a Hurricanes supporter but he’s had a rough year and would be looking to just get straight back into it and do what he can to win over the public again.

1 Like

After a two-hour rain delay, India only took less than 25 minutes to claim the last two Australian wickets to win the Boxing Day test by 137 runs. It is the first time India won the Boxing Day test and their first win at the MCG since 1981. It means India retains the Border-Gavaskar trophy for at least another year and ends 2018 on a high. For the home side it capped off a horror 2018 that promised so much at the start of the year when they regained The Ashes, before the infamous sandpaper scandal in South Africa.

I noticed that the crowd at the MCG during the 5th day was very low with under 10k at the stadium. During the 5th day, it was a gold coin donation and all the proceeds to to the Alannah and Madeline foundation. India have regained the Border Gavaskar Trophy.