Cricket

Eye-opening (though inconclusive) poll conducted by Tim Gossage (10 Perth) on his social media, suggesting BBL is missing something, many voted its struggling.

I think it is missing 10’s coverage, was much better having a seperate FTA broadcaster for both tests and BBL cricket. Plus Fox now too.

Ah, yes a poll run by a Ten employee with certainly no grudges.

1 Like

I think it’s possible having the same broadcaster for Tests and BBL is going to make the BBL feel stale and prevents the BBL from growing.

Tend to agree and of course Seven are going to use their best talent on the Test coverage and you can’t blame them for that.

The uneven pitch certain means the MCG curator has questions to answer.

No team batting second should have to put up with such an inferior pitch where they can barely score more than 150…

Shame on the curator for preparing such a volatile bowler-friendly pitch.

And for test cricket to continue to be strong you would hope that wouldn’t change.

Let’s see how India go first in the second innings. It could just be the Australian batting.

Australia’s batting have gone from bad to worse. I’d say that the Australians are not concentrating on the batting lineup. They turn from bad to a laughing stock.

Yeah I agree. Although I would rather see them out there enjoying themselves. They all seem so tense. Finch needs to play a bit more naturally. If he makes 60 in 60 balls and gets out it’s better than him making 11 in the amount he is making now.

I think it’s also India’s bowling, they have had plans and been disciplined and held their catches, which Australia didn’t do. They bowled much better.

1 Like

Official crowd for day 3 of Boxing Day test today is 33,447.
Australia bat very poorly in their first innings, giving India a huge lead, but fought back in India’s second innings with Cummins taking the first four wickets in quick time.

3 Likes

It was a kind of bizarre couple of overs. Three catches down the leg side, most unusual.

Still, I don’t think it changes the state of the game much. India are still miles in front.

2 Likes

I think that this game will play out to a draw because I heard from BOM that there will be chance of rain in Melbourne during Saturday and Sunday. The crowd numbers will fall in day 4 and will sink to less than 10k in Day 5.

It all comes down to the weather now.

An Australian win is pretty much impossible.

BOM are saying 60% chance of a few showers tomorrow up to 5mm, 80% chance of morning showers up to 6mm on Sunday. So we will probably lose a couple of sessions of play.

I think India will declare 450 in front (if not bowled out before then). If they bowl as well as they did in the first innings, they SHOULD have enough time to bowl Australia out again.

India lost another wicket and that took to 5/47.

2 Likes

I don’t think a lot of rain is forecasted though. 2 days of rain is unlikely.

Cummins has been terrific. Let’s hope it remains dry.

2 Likes

I hope it remains dry too. India definitely deserve to win. They were terrific in the first innings. Nothing worse than having a drawn match.

1 Like

Need to get the Hobart Hurricanes there. They’re currently chasing the biggest score of the season (6/193) and are currently 0/118 after 12 overs. Hurricanes can go terribly sometimes but when they need a massive chase they sure can pull it off frequently! Them and Brisbane Heat have played some good games.

EDIT: Bugger! Darcy Short fell short and got run out.

1 Like

I actually enjoyed Day 3 (today) of the test

1 Like