Cricket

Yes, though I thought that they would have drawn a bigger crowd than that given the AFL crowds at Optus this year.

I bet Nine are glad they didn’t secure the rights given Australia’s woeful performances of late

Former captain Mark Taylor has resigned from Cricket Australia board after 13 years, effective immediately.

Another one bites the dust. That is obviously the reason why he didn’t want to be the chairman. The place does need to have a huge clean out. And I think it was also wise that it changed commentary hands this year - even though the deal for FTA viewers is the worst in history.

Apparently the biggest ODI crowd anywhere for a November game in the last 10 ODI’s. Expecting Adelaide’s crowd to be small but given Hobart isn’t getting much more international cricket this summer I’d be disappointed if they don’t come for the Sunday game.

Vote 1 @turdall for CA Chairman

I Don’t know if anyone has posted but here is the Anti-siphoning laws in Australia for the television broadcast of Cricket on Free To Air TV…

Each test match (cricket) involving the senior Australian representative team played in Australia.

Each test match between the senior Australian representative team and the senior English representative team, played in Australia or the United Kingdom.

Each one day cricket match involving the senior Australian representative team played in Australia.

Each Twenty20 cricket match involving the senior Australian representative team played in Australia.

Each match of the ICC Cricket World Cup involving the senior Australian representative team played in Australia or New Zealand.

The final of the ICC Cricket World Cup if it is played in Australia or New Zealand.

Each match of the ICC World Twenty20 involving the senior Australian representative team played in Australia or New Zealand.

The final of the ICC World Twenty20 if it is played in Australia or New Zealand.

But as has been said before it’s not legally binding. EspexiLly when a FTA network does obtain the rights and decides not to show them (I.e seven)

That Ben Amarfio character has been sacked from CA in a restructure. He is the person that has overseen the worst broadcast deal in the history of cricket. They’ll be ruing the day they signed over to fox.

According current CA GM of Media Rights and Victoria Sport board member Steph Baltrame will succeed Amarfio’s roles for the moment. People on social media are saying she’s excellent and well deserved.

Btw just on Amarfio, no doubt the bloke who gave Peever the info for saying “bottom feeders” and is also the guy who controversially repped for James Brayshaw when in negotiations with Nine and who was leaked by media to have been ordering his “secretary to cook him a hot breakfast in his glass office” at Jolimont HQ.

I know there’s been changes in Cricket Australia department with resignation of Mark Taylor as CA Board. However, he will continue working with Nine. The ball tampering scandal has got to do with the massive changes at Cricket Australia.

I have seen on Twitter Feeds about the Australia v South Africa crowd and noticed that the crowd at the stadium was very low. Under 18 000 people turned up to watch the One Day Cricket match. For me, I would say that this was a quiet, boring and the appeal has started to decline a bit.

That crowd is very low. I am shocked at the attendance. Obviously not a lot of promotion for the game.

No promotion and ass to the fact probably we got smashed doesn’t help matters.

Sadly cricket is on the nose after the whole ball tampering debacle and Cricket Australia’s reaction to it.

Sadly CA’s actions bring down others who are trying to do the right thing and work with grass roots. (Disclaimer: yours truly is a member of the Sydney Thunder Advisory Group).

Official crowd at today’s ODI: 17,680. Cricket Australia will suffer a heavy financial loss from this series.

If the crowd is going to be very low, then the chances of ratings success on Pay TV might be unlikely. The third ODI in Hobart on Sunday will draw even low crowds like 4000 at the stadium.
Kerry Packer, Tony Greig and Richie Benaud will be spinning in their graves of the Cricket ratings.

There’s only CT Members Guest Passes available at the minute on the CA website so unless 15500 people can sit in the members (they cant), this number you’re quoting is well out.

Nah, I reckom Hobart will be close to capacity. They get stuff all national sport and should make the most of it.

Australia has ended its seven-match losing streak in ODIs, beating South Africa by seven runs at Adelaide Oval tonight. The Aussies’ previous win was at the same venue against England on January 26 this year. Tonight’s win also ended Australia’s six-game losing streak against South Africa in ODIs (previous win was in June 2016)/
The three-match series is now level at 1-1 with the decider in Hobart on Sunday, Remembrance Day. Hopefully tonight’s result will encourage Tasmanians to flock to Bellerive to support the national team.