COVID-19: Greater Sydney & NSW Re-Opens

1 Like

He better fuckin be wrong.

1 Like
1 Like

A positive case recorded after 8PM last night.

1 Like

Hazzard said the positive case is a 45-year-old man who drives vans carrying international and other aircrew to and from Sydney Airport. He had symptoms on Saturday, was tested on Tuesday, and got his positive result back just after 7am today.

2 Likes

Victorian and NSWs have identify loop holes regarding flight crews etc.
I believe this will be a a conversation held tomorrow at National Cabinet.

1 Like

jesus christ, why are these people still not tested daily regardless of symptoms?

1 Like

I am starting to wonder the same thing. Or at least after or before each shift. How often are Melbourne testing their workers? Perhaps it has something to do with the incubation period. The positive thing is he should have been self isolating when he got symptoms.

Melbourne is currently pushing to have all crew tested on day 1 (on arrival) into the country.

2 Likes

Did they lock down this persons family etc etc in time so it won’t spread elsewhere? What about his colleagues?

1 Like

Oh dear. Another two cases from Sydney’s Northern Beaches.

How long until Sydneysiders are being told not to leave the metropolitan area this Christmas?

I am expecting those borders to be closed again.

1 Like

If these two new cases can be linked to the earlier one, then I think it’ll be fine. A bit worrying though.

According to the Guardian they aren’t linked to the driver. Although they could be linked to another cluster.

I give it 2 hours.

1 Like

I just wonder where could these cases have come from given that NSW has gone so many days without a local case (the hotel worker aside). Could they be potentially linked to the hotel worker?

McGowan over in WA is probably going to press that trigger happy button that controls the border walls if these cases aren’t linked.

It just really doesn’t make sense.

How can it just pop up after so long? How accurate are these tests?

They will probably be linked but it really proves the virus is still out in our communities. Need to stay aware and keep covid safe. And also remember Australia’s position is suppression not elimination. Albeit states clearly have different strategies.

3 Likes

The two infected people visited six locations in Palm Beach and Avalon Beach, including the Avalon bowling club which is now closed for deep cleaning.
Queensland is keeping its border open to NSW for now.
1 Like