COVID-19: Greater Sydney & NSW Re-Opens

ABC Radio Sydney’s broadcast of the press conference is five minutes behind the live stream…did they think that a news bulletin was really more important?

1 Like

A good time as any to share this thread again.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Extreme risk coming for WA

There has never been a blanket outdoor mask mandate in NSW or even in Greater Sydney. Only in ‘areas of concern’. And compliance indoors is quite good, but there are dick heads going around with their dicknoses hanging out.

1 Like

And this one

I got vaccinated yesterday - its hit me for 6, but i’ll take that over getting COVID

4 Likes

Well done to the Sky News’s political reporter finally putting some heat on Gladys.

6 Likes

Jeezus Christ! I’ve been cautious to target my comments towards the idiocy of the leaders instead of the people. but seriously what is wrong with these people?

2 Likes

seemed like the rest of the press pack cleared the way for him to do his thing.

Gladys said “We haven’t seen the worst of it”

Looks like she’s seen the numbers after 8pm and it isn’t looking good.

As for the scenes at Cronulla, clearly some of the people have also played a big part in this with so many of them out and about even though it should be about 1% of that number, not to mention very few masks and minimal social distancing.

1 Like

Yet no one (including Clennell) will ask about workplace transmission - again the media is getting fixated on singular matters (like the LGA movement restrictions)

2 Likes

What mechanisms do they actually have left to pull to reduce and prevent what appears is about to be a surge?

Dr Chant will not answer directly about harder restrictions needing. She’s clearly being muted by the government. She appears so u comfortable. What a situation to be in.

5 Likes

Unfortunately if someone catches the virus whilst doing one of the five essential reasons and brings it back to the family there isn’t much that can be done, though vaccination may reduce the effects.

On the other hand stopping unnecessary gatherings/people trying to find a loophole would somewhat prevent some of the preventable cases from popping up.

2 Likes

They must have something on her, what’s stopping her from walking? Pretty clear she would just leave tomorrow if she could.

1 Like

I can’t believe they are still even entertaining the thought of opening up certain LGA’s. The language coming out of the NSW government is constantly mind boggling.

2 Likes

WTF? Are they really? AFTER RECORDING 600+ CASES?

I’m so happy I don’t live in NSW, the state that’s run by science deniers more interested in keeping the sixth cousin twice removed being able to see all his extended ‘family’ than keeping their citizens safe.

1 Like

Scotty will need to get another order from somewhere. Regardless of price this is heading for the thousands in a matter of days.

Vaccination is the only option out of this…well it’s not, but it is for the NSW government

1 Like

I did think that earlier. If it is true, and she thinks they need to go harder, why wouldn’t she speak up? As part of her health mindset to protect the state. Maybe she doesn’t? Who knows.

Absolute madness. I reckon one day in the future there will be an inquiry into this outbreak that will find a simple outdoor mask mandate would have reduced the R number below 1 and made all the difference.

1 Like