COVID-19: News Coverage 😷

They were still advertising this just this morning. And didn’t an interview with Miley air on Today?

3 Likes

As recently as this morning, Nova 100 in Melbourne was still promoting ticket giveaways to this concert via its breakfast show. The Friday concert has been cancelled as the result and Ticketek has advised that people who have bought tickets will receive a full refund.

The battles sessions of The Voice were filmed in Sydney at the weekend with live audiences. I didn’t hear any problems. However, the next recording is the playoffs at the end of this month. If situations deteriorate, then the producers may have to either film the episodes without a studio audience, or postpone the filming.

3 Likes

BYO face masks.

3 Likes

The Project and Studio 10 may ditch their audiences soon.

1 Like

Is this offical? Or are you just saying that because you think they will?

1 Like

No, that’s why I said “may ditch”

But I can see it happening.

1 Like

I also wouldn’t mind predicting that some shows may decide not to go back to having studio audiences even after the Coronavirus scare is over.

4 Likes

Right, I know it’s the biggest story in the world, but do you really need to mention it 78 times on your front page? Seems slightly excessive.

2 Likes

Now having an effect on the TV landscape.

3 Likes

More fear mongering from Nine News tonight. They’re claiming breakfast cereals will be the next supermarket item to be in short supply. No doubt shoppers will be hoarding that now and the shelves will be empty by the time I get around to doing my shopping tomorrow afternoon.

4 Likes

CNN referring to it as a pandemic

1 Like

Yes not good by Nine News. They’ve got to stop doing this.

2 Likes

World Health Organisation has officially declared a global pandemic.

1 Like

Shambolic.

This is actually a time where media could make up a lot of ground lost in trust and credibility, yet the large majority appear intent on turning the hype machine up to 11.

It’s a crisis and it requires calm, effective messaging to the population.

4 Likes

Some organisations are doing a good job.
But Nine News is capitalizing on the situation. I would think there would be a few in the Nine Newsrooms that would be cringing at what they are promoting.

2 Likes

NBC Today’s ‘window on the world’ has been suspended until further notice.
Hoda and Jenna will also no longer be taping with live audiences.

4 Likes

Or rubbing their hands together.

Hope they’ve been thoroughly washed first.

5 Likes

Doused in hand sanitiser from their stockpile. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Scott Morrison doing a TV ‘address to the nation’ at 7pm tonight, apparently, re stimulus package.

3 Likes