Climate, Weather and Emergencies

Official forecast tomorrow is 39, but they’ve been forecasting 39 everyday for the last 3 or 4, and every day we’ve actually ended up having 41-45

2 Likes

But Prosperine says that it will hit 40 degrees for tomorrow.

Fire emergency has spread to North QLD today.

There’s a bushfire advice out for my suburb right now, nothing major yet, just telling us to be aware. Smoke looks very ominous from my house

3 Likes

Stay safe.

3 Likes

Hope everything works out alright for you all! I know a few Tassie firies left today and there’s about another 40 I think heading up over the weekend to join the ones from other states. Hoping they can all regain control quickly through them all.

How’s the heat going? Any relief in sight?

1 Like

For me, I don’t believe in that one at all.

1 Like

Another climate change denier… Yet you believe in god and follow something that doesn’t actually nor has proven nor doesn’t exist? Have you noticed the amount of fires that California has had, the drought they are currently experiencing, the crappy weather battering the world. Something has happened, and the climate has changed. There is evidence to suggest climate change is currently happening yet you “don’t believe it” despite the proven evidence exists?

Weird. Tony abott fan I presume?

3 Likes

People that say this are the funniest people! Hahahaha

What is it about the science you don’t believe?

1 Like

i agree i dont belive in global warming at all nor climate change

I am getting the best laughs. These comments are almost as ridiculous as the current liberal party antics.

3 Likes

Not even climate change, wow!

1 Like

I think it’s more denial. If I don’t believe it’s uappening then I don’t have to change my ways. It’s sheer laziness and people being too stubborn to change their ways.

3 Likes

images

7 Likes

I miss the good old days of the late 80’s with the acid rain was about to destroy the planet any year now and then the mid-90’s “an ice age is coming to wipe us all out!!! We’re going to end up like the dinosaurs!!!”

Anyway, not sure why there’s always this link drawn that Christians can’t believe in climate change or human climate affect more to the point or that Christians can’t believe in science. Always baffled me. Science and Christians aren’t mutually exclusive, sometimes they have conflicting theories but so do many things when you compare apples and oranges.

I know plenty of Christians who believe in climate change and if you’re using reference points like Tony Abbott and the far right people, the Christians don’t count them as one of them because they disagree and dislike them just as much.

Me as a Christian though, it’s obvious we have had an impact on the climate. The climate is cyclical however it appears we have accelerated that cycle and if we can do things to prevent it/slow it down/keep things pleasant for everyone then we should. This is the view of many Christians… just you don’t hear about them because it’s much easier to label them all as climate change deniers.

3 Likes

Isn’t global warming different from climate change.

Global warming was the initial name for it all but once it became clear that the summers weren’t just getting hotter around the world but the winters were getting colder as well and other weather phenomenon were occurring more frequently (e.g. how many 1 in 100 year storms have places been getting in the last 10 years) then the terms changed to climate change.

2 Likes

I have never thought of it as a Christian thing but I do believe the far right has tried to make it sound like that. But they have a hidden agenda as they are funded those that are emitting the most. Of course the likes of Abott and Trump are going to say it doesn’t exist when they fund and give them profits.

1 Like

Well now I’m unsure if this is better suited here (Climate & Weather) or Federal Politics (could be both).

Instead of Sen. Canavan apologising for his insensitive (as well being appalling & deceptive) remarks yesterday, he’s doubling-down on stupid:

Attacking children as a way to win votes doesn’t seem like the best strategy (as has been said by others recently); I wonder how many of these kids will have their 18th birthday by 11 May 2019?

4 Likes

Even if you don’t agree with their cause I would have thought it was a good thing that kids are politically engaged.

So many adults complain about young people being apathetic… yet here is a group thinking about the issues and wanting to get involved.

Surely that’s positive? If you don’t agree with the stand they’re taking at least you’ll have a chance to engage them in debate.

3 Likes