Christchurch Mosques Terror Attack - Coverage

Paul Buchanan is now at the 1 News desk with Hilary Barry.

Newshub’s Mike McRoberts joining Michael Usher tonight

Scott Morrison also joined him

9 Likes

I assume the Australian networks will have reporters on the ground tomorrow. Would’ve been a mad scramble to get reporters over there.

In other news that Fraser Anning right wing crazy said that Muslims have a part to play in violence perpetrated against them. Unfathoable and unbelievable comments. Pathetic.

6 Likes

1 Like

Lisa Davies still on scene. She has been there since the beginning

1 Like

Special 10 News First bulletin tonight

14 Likes

I doubt there’ll be much new to report at 12:45am NZ time.

3 Likes

Mike McRoberts now speaking live with Lianne Dalziel.

1 Like

6 Likes

Media briefing from Police Commissioner Mike Bush to start any time now.

Top story on DW

Thankfully the NSW premier has not completely ignored this tragedy, although I still genuinely wonder what she’s really thinking behind the scenes with a state election barely over one week away…

Of course, my condolences go out to everyone in New Zealand (and indeed, around Australia and the world) who’s been affected by today’s incidents in Christchurch.

2 Likes

According to Newshub it will be at 9pm now

Seven Adelaide

Nine Adelaide

The Project Australia

8 Likes

I haven’t heard or seen anything about the Britomart bomb detonation on any of the networks apart from NZ Herald.

1 Like

There was a bomb there? I guess there’s no other news today… probably will catch up on it tomorrow?

1 Like

10 Brisbane

2 Likes

They were “two abandoned backpacks.” You can’t explicitly link them to today’s events. I think this is more of a result of the heightened security but just don’t know.

Ah so just regular abandoned backpacks that needed controlled explosions?!?