Chris & Julia’s Sunday Night Takeaway (closed)

Chris & Julia’s Sunday NightTakeaway

Julia Morris And Chris Brown Announced As Hosts

Coming To TEN And WIN Network In 2019

Network Ten is thrilled to announce that it has commissioned the live variety series Chris & Julia’s Sunday Night Takeaway, based on the hugely popular and award-winning ITV UK format Saturday Night Takeaway, which will premiere on TEN and WIN Network in early 2019.

Hosted by Australia’s favourite duo, Chris Brown and Julia Morris, Chris & Julia’s Sunday Night Takeaway is a fast-paced, high energy live show, packed with outrageous fun, massive surprises, exciting challenges, celebrity guests and big entertainment values.

Everyone is a part of the fun, with audience members chosen at random to participate in challenges and viewers at home receiving surprise live visits, all with the chance to win great prizes.

Celebrity guests will find themselves in hilarious situations, whether it is embarrassing themselves in a task, or being pranked by Chris and Julia.

With an explosive mix of games, physical tasks and unexpected tricks, this live and dangerous entertainment format is appointment prime-time viewing.

Network Ten Chief Content Officer, Beverley McGarvey, said: “ Chris & Julia’s Sunday Night Takeaway with Chris Brown and Julia Morris will be an exciting addition to our Sunday night line-up. There is nothing like Chris & Julia’s Sunday Night Takeaway on Australian television. It is live and dangerously shiny family entertainment at its best.”

Julia Morris said: “I absolutely love Ant & Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway and can’t believe my luck that I get to stand alongside my beloved Docteur and host our very own local version of the show.

Takeaway is the ultimate combination of hilarious, exciting, heartwarming and completely nuts. The Docteur and I are a natural fit!”

Chris Brown added: “This is such an exciting and dynamic show to be a part of. But best of all, it’s got a massive heart that will deliver such a huge hit of warmth into Australian lounge rooms. Just like Takeaway should.

“Julia and I have forged such a delightfully unique and fun friendship in our jungle treehouse so the thought of bringing that to an Australian studio that isn’t a major lightning hazard is incredibly exciting.”

Chris & Julia’s Sunday Night Takeaway is an ITV Studios Global Entertainment format from the UK based on Ant & Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway which was created by hosts, Anthony McPartlin and Declan Donnelly. It has been airing on ITV since 2002, as well as being made locally in a further 10 countries including the US and Germany.

ITV Studios Australia CEO, David Mott, said: “ Takeaway is simply the biggest global entertainment format around. The perfect marriage of Julia and Chris’ incredible talent, along with the format will be the ultimate variety show.

Chris & Julia’s Sunday Night Takeaway is going to be the most fun night in you’ve ever had. Big fun, live and dangerous television is back.”

Chris & Julia’s Sunday Night Takeaway will be produced for Network Ten by ITV Studios Australia and will air on TEN and WIN Network in early 2019.

3 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Saturday Night Takeaway with Chris & Julia