Gecko

Probably another channel run by a marketing company with 24/7 infomercials? TEN has no other content unless parent company Paramount is to planning to use other content that is currently not screened here? Would be great if it was NICK AT NITE which was here locally in the very early days of Foxtel? But doubtful, sadly.

1 Like

Read the post correctly.

1 Like

10 can barely have 3 channels without the ad nauseum of repeats, from talk shows like Brain Eisteddfod, Cheap Seat and HYBPA airing multiple times a week, to almost having repeats (aka “encores”) galore on 10 Bold and 10 Peach of scripted drama and comedies.

Another suggestion here:
the new channel could be a lifestyle channel with lots of product placement. The content on Ten during the day of the weekends is full of travel shows (camping, fishing etc), and cooking shows, and the cooking shows are on weekday afternoons on Ten too. The new channel can air “classic episodes” of shows like Huey’s Cooking, Healthy Wealthy and Wise, Ready Steady Cook, and have some factual shows too like Bondi Rescue. I know there’s 9Life, but thats more overseas based in primetime.

1 Like

The Living Room :thinking:

haha, thanks for spotting.

I meant Healthy Wealthy and Wise (now updated), but yes, The Living Room too. Well, the earlier seasons cause we all know that the last two seasons of it have been less than average :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Advance Warning: little is served by a circular speculative discussion about what the channel will or wont be, or when it will launch (if it hasnt already :astonished:)

If this thread starts to descend to this, it will be locked until such time that there is something to discuss or we have more information.

15 Likes

I think locking it is the best option. The commentary in this thread is nuts.
It’s literally a blank screen.

4 Likes

I’d really love to see a music channel honestly. And considering Paramount runs all of Foxtels music channels now, I feel like it’s not totally out of the question that they’d launch one on FTA?
(This isn’t meant to be me speculating but if it is, mods please remove)

1 Like

But but if you look at the EPG you’ll see that on the 21st of August, “Channel Launching Soon” actually finishes at 0959 instead of 1000 like every other day. Big news ahead :bangbang: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes
23 Likes

Programming for Gecko starts at 6am on Monday Sunday, and guess what, it’s a shopping channel.

3 Likes

Who would have thought :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

I’ve got it starting on Sunday at 6am.

2 Likes

Yes you’re right. Sorry about that.

1 Like

Is there any website or anything to confirm this?

3 Likes

So with all that hype from a handful in here (and nowhere else in the “real world”), and it ends up being just another shopping channel. What an anti climax! lol.

17 Likes

It’s in the broadcast EPG.

Here’s a screen shot :wink:

4 Likes

Welcome to Gecko TV. Your home for television shopping.

2 Likes