Changing Rooms

Undoubtedly. You can see they have replicated (contrived) the wife swaps from last season which dragged it out. And now they have “intruders” Big Brother style. It’s morphed into every other reality show.

1 Like

But that’s confusing. What do you suggest them launch next year against them then? Repeats, documentaries etc?

1 Like

What needs changing in this show to improve the ratings?

It should have been a one hour show, once a week.

6 Likes

Friday, 7:30. Summer filler for The Living Room. That is what it should have been.

1 Like

I wonder if Ten had brought back Australian Idol and really made it fresh would it have done better than Changing Rooms? Or are singing shows on the way out ?

1 Like

Way more expensive.

2 Likes

Was thinking the same thing yesterday actually. I think there is room for a reinvigorated singing show, either Aus Idol or X Factor, with The Voice declining year on year and becoming stale as a format, Aus Idol had a way of bringing, in my opinion, better talent to our screens - evident in how many contestants continued on in the industry vs the voice.

Would be interesting to see.

On a side note - with Bitching and Conflict being a huge ratings draw, Big Brother (i know its been said 1000 times) probably has the best opportunity for a revival, as it could provide some of the drama that seems to rate, if it were based on the original 10 format.

1 Like

Win tv hasnt updated there shedule still saying changing rooms is on tomorrow night even though its now on Friday’s

I can’t help but wonder if viewers, with all their options now, are at last less inclined to tolerate competition shows that have a lot of padding in between the meat of the show (whether it’s the singing / judging of dishes etc). I would much rather watch those shows on streaming the next day when I can skip through all the BS and get to the little content that is actually interesting.

Idol only really works if the winner has a genuine chance of achieving a truly longer term, successful career in Australia out of it. I don’t think that is the case at the moment for various reasons.

1 Like

Well and truely dead now unfortunately.
I actually watched it and thought it wasn’t that bad.

Mod Edit: Removed reference to ratings number outside top 20.

Makes you who think, who at Ten thought bringing back a 20 year old renovation show was a good idea when renovation shows have failed time and time again on their network.

I expect the show to rate no more than 150k tonight. It will probably be moved to daytime or 10 Peach after this week.

Mod Edit: Removed reference to ratings number outside top 20.

1 Like

Holy fu*k SBS got close to 10’s main channel share with the Tarantino movie “The Hateful Eight” :joy::cry::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

There is a podcast on Mediaweek with Bev and she was saying it was fun and fresh and all about shows with the family and going on how there were no renovation shows on at the time etc.

Having watched a bit of it last night, there is nothing fun and fresh about this show and most of the design ideas the designers came up with were ghastly.

1 Like

LOL. There is no way Changing Rooms can stay after this week. They should just move Graham Norton to 7:30 and place something else at 8:30. That’s guaranteed to get them at least double the ratings they got last night.

1 Like

I liked the show although TBH, there wasn’t much difference between them, House Rules and The Block.

Should’ve been an 8:30 show once a week from the beginning.

I am one of the handful who do like the show.

But after tonight’s episode, I would air it on Ten during the weekend daytime slot, where other “lifestyle programs” go. Better than some repeats of The Living Room, Cooking Shows with Matt Sinclair and Justine Schofeild and Ash Pollard etc that currently occupy the weekend slots.

1 Like

They are terrible.

I do like the show but it has some very serious issues.

Issue #1: Trying to launch against MAFS and MKR.
Issue #2: Episode duration and format
Issue #3. Designers and the awful designs
Issue #4: Contestants are there because… Why? They get absolutely no say in anything and are relegated to painting. There are no decisions being made.
Issue #5: No wow factor.

Having written all the above - maybe I don’t like the show Afterall and want to like it. Lol.

5 Likes

This about sums it up for me. Certainly agree with your points there.

1 Like