Celebrity Name Game

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f91b54d95d8>

Rove is a diva and he goes by a single moniker now. Like Madonna and Cher. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I prefer it to Pointless.

Its a format with potential that’s poorly executed. Denyer is ruining it for me again and the way that Ten package the episodes you know that no one on a Thursday or Friday is ever going to win.

It’s the same policy that The Chase and Hot Seat apply but I think it’s silly. I much prefer recurring episode formats like Pointless where the jackpot steadily increases and episodes have to be shown in order.

1 Like

Fixed. My mother cursed me with a poorly thought out name and I’ve had to live with it. John Henry can, too.

This won’t be on air next year, so I wouldn’t worry its going down to Pointless territory. 10 needs to return to news @ 6, anything else is just wasted dollars.

1 Like

Yeah. NewsWeary does sound like a curse. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Are Friday’s repeats?

Agree. Some sort of news program is the way to go.

1 Like

Nah. Simpsons

1 Like

I should have said mindless crap! Pointless at least needed some thought. Wish the ABC would pick it up. Mark is so much better than Denyer.

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sometimes after a day of work we just want to sit down and not think and be entertained and don’t want to think. We don’t have enough of that light entertainment on free to air IMO. I’ve said in the past I think Pointless had potential but it needed to be more like the UK hour format and was also on the wrong network (more suited to the ABC).

3 Likes

Agree 100%. Celebrity Name Game would be much more expensive to produce for very minimal ratings improvement. No doubt Denyer’s salary would be more than Mark and Dr Andrew’s combined.

Grant would be a network talent so they’d have to pay him regardless.

2 Likes

Your theory goes out the window since the $10,000 went off tonight. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Also went off Thursday, hence my
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
a few posts up.

Double whammy. :rofl:

Ten must be reading this forum haha as I’d been saying similar things for a while! Good to see and I hope they continue.

I much prefer shows that play out in order of shoot as the results seem less constructed. Big winners on Thursdays episodes of The Chase are very rare…

The Chase (stats courtesy of @ jamesstca )

• The contestants have only ever won twice on a Thursday out of 163 attempts!
  • Yet on Mondays they’ve won 93 times out of 159 attempts!
1 Like

Yet you hadn’t said it in this particular post. Funny that. Can’t say I’ve noticed the difference between different days of the week, but I also couldn’t care less.

But rescheduled these episodes weeks in advance contemplating your comment last week. :rofl: