Capital Television On-Air Presentation 1991-95

Ident:

Movie Of The Week Opener:

Adults Only advisory:

PRG:

Promo Endtags:

Capital Eyewitness News Promo endtag:

9 Likes

Melrose Place at 7:30? surely that had to have been edited airing that early in the 90s.

4 Likes

I like how the station ID incorporated a bit from their Capital 7 logo.

3 Likes

Captial Wollongong - Saturday 17/4/1993

PRG:

Promo Endtags:

5 Likes

Capital Television Wollongong - Sunday 29/12/1991

Lineup:

PRGs:

Promo Endtags:

Neighbours “WIN a home” contest:

6 Likes

Neighbours: The New Generation?

3 Likes

Capital Television Wollongong - Saturday 23/1/1993

Lineup:

PRG:

Promo Endtags:

4 Likes

16 Likes

Capital’s version of Ten’s “It’s on Ten” promo from 1993.

2 Likes

Captial Television Wollongong - Monday 18/1/1993

Special Event Opener:

PRG:

Promo Endtags:

7 Likes

the weirdest logo but also the best integration with a metro ident without looking like a cut and paste job (e.g. Nine/VICTV/WIN/NBN/etc)

3 Likes

I presume they were given clean versions by Ten, so they did not have to cover anything up in the first place for their own branding.

1 Like

Or the promos for Capital were made by Ten. Doesn’t take long to replace a logo or add ‘on Capital’ instead of Ten.

With the design of the logo, it does not look like a cover up from the screenshots above. In my comment, I meant visually clean, not necessarily the audio.

In those days, my understanding is that networks generally did their own voiceovers with their own people.

a lot did. WIN in the early 90s didn’t, though, and in promos just used the Nine V/O and cut the voice out just before “… on Nine!”. And very crudely stuck a rectangle with a WIN logo over the Nine logo at the end slide. It was very basic.

VIC TV used to do its own voiceovers and IIRC Southern Cross in Victoria did, as well.

If you look at this promo they don’t seem to have done any crude logo cover ups but the on WIN at the end is badly cut.

I think WIN used Nine VO but they also used the Mr WIN voice over starting in the late 90s from memory.

That actually looks not too bad. The time i was thinking about was probably 1992 on a visit to Canberra. Capital’s presentation and integration into the Ten format as per this thread was almost seamless, despite carrying a very different logo to Ten. WIN’s seemed rather shoddy by comparison despite having a very similar logo to Nine.

Though they definitely had someone for their local program and news promos, and (sometimes) promos for their timeshifted content from Nine.

1 Like

In the first few years of aggregation, there was virtually no attempt from NBN or NRTV to integrate the network look or promos into its on air presentation…

1 Like

Even though NBN affiliated itself with Nine at the end of '91, it wouldn’t be until late '94 when NBN caved in and adopted the nine dots.

2 Likes