Buckingham Palace Announcement (Standing Down From Public Duties + Wild Speculation thread)

Still got what ever CBS program on Three.

This reminds me of TEN.

That was close, even before the PRG came on.

How original :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

3 Likes

95 year old scales back public life. Shocking news there.

(Has Buckingham Palace realised how inconsequential that announcement was? Why bother calling an “emergency meeting” at three in the fucking morning?)

11 Likes

Kate Collins just did a live cross to Michael Best. So now that means whatever was said during ACA will become redundant (in a sense lol)

TV3 has just gone to a title card and is now showing a promo?

How are the British tabloids expected to sell newspapers without Prince Phillip making one of his regular public gaffes?

9 Likes

In Brisbane Seven News managed to get the news in at 7:01 after which it was smiles all around (don’t they look like a happy team) and a quick goodbye.

This was before Tracy had got the wrong message “in my ear”; later going on to describe it as significant news.

Later, after The Project’s breaking news, ABC News Queensland was last with the story.

7 Likes

Grimshaw time to be put in retirement home for good

2 Likes

Great stuff from Nine. Will do well on YouTube this one. Seven could use this in their promos lol.

16 Likes

Tracy doing her best Mark Ferguson impression right there.

tracy stuffed this up big time

5 Likes

That would be Tracism.

1 Like

“Wild speculation thread” :joy:

Made me giggle!

Typical of some members here.

3 Likes

I hope you will make a full recovery. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Hey you’re welcome Luke

1 Like

7 Likes

Well that’s quite surprising news, I wouldn’t have expected a complete step down from official duties so suddenly.

As for how “unimportant or inconsequential” the announcement was, it is literally the most important thing that could have been announced after it was first speculated in advance that an all-staff meeting was being held (or that an announcement was even being made). The Palace doesn’t summon staff to notify them first that the Queen has died or stepped aside, lol. Those are constitutional matters.

2 Likes

Very embarrassing for Tracy Grimshaw. Mybe she will be the next one stepping down from public life. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The Daily Telegraph has savaged her in this article:
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/celebrity/a-current-affairs-tracy-grimshaw-told-viewers-the-queen-and-not-prince-philip-was-stepping-down/news-story/b8a8926f3a1e046270f85f4ed84c132a

This is the same newspaper that was reporting earlier in the day that the emergency meeting must have been called because either the Queen or Prince Phillip had died and started running tribute stories. :joy:

9 Likes
1 Like