Broadcast Facilities

Looks like you’ve got it all figured out now, lol.

You’re right, but all of them were at Gore Hill for a few weeks.

1 Like

I did notice that too.

It’s only really noticeable on my Tecsun radio as that has a signal meter. Regardless of whether they are at Artarmon or Gore Hill, none of those stations have much in the way of audible static for me to tell otherwise.

I’m thinking about working a SCA’s engineering department in Year 10 (c. 2021)… Hopefully i’ll cause 7flix and 7food network to launch in SCA areas unless they did it already.

1 Like

Not sure of the history of teenagers persuading TV networks to launch channels but I’m guessing it’s not high.

7 Likes

As in work experience? Good luck!

1 Like

With a likely move for Seven Melbourne operations (HSV7) in the near future, this new office development put forward on Bourke Street would be an ideal location.

• Central in the heart of Melbourne
  • Close to the Victorian Parliament
  • Close to Burke Street Mall/Shopping precinct
  • Close to Court Hearings.
  • Located in the heart of the business/financial district.
  • Its a very busy intersection with a large amount of foot traffic.

Some renders show the design supporting an open street studio.

435_bourke_st_cbus_property_external_hero_render_1

3 Likes

No loss there, one less guyed mast for TV or FM is a good thing. You hold a significant resource in a broadcast licence, four posted tower should be constructed.

Good and nor should they.

Accountants sure stretched their minds on this deal…

Is the written down amount reflected in the tables? I haven’t access the report.

Why did it take this many years? For a station that hasn’t run their own weekend news for decades, why retain all that staff instead of Sydney?

As I understand it, technical requirements for the local kids tv productions helped affirm the positions… until a eethink in those requirements.

Thanks.

Where is the C/P kids quota being filled at now? What city?

Drove past the old ATV studios yesterday for the first time in a long time and was surprised to see the mast still towering over the site.

Anyone know if it’s still used for anything or is it a matter of still being structurally sound therefore no point in demolition?

Who actual owns the former ATV10 studios?
I’m aware that Fremantle Media leases the site.

Could you ever imagine 10 moving back there?

lol no, it’s in the middle of nowhere and massive

Is that the Nunawading studios? I thought they were owned by NEP formally Global TV?

Why not? The Project and Have You Been Paying Attention won’t have to share the same studio space during the week. It also means a bigger news studio and Mike Larkan will be able to present weather from the studio more often.

I dare say it might need an upgrade for LIVE programming. The last TEN shows produced there, were ‘Thank God Your Hear’ and ‘Rove Live’ pre 2007.

1 Like

Already owned by developers now, Bazem Pty Ltd.

1 Like

So it’s only a matter of time until the site is further developed. Sad really, as this is the last original TV station in Melbourne.

1 Like

Well yes, there’s been quite a bit of back and forth with the local council and VCAT. Apparently the remaining site is 9 hectares so there’s quite a bit of land that isn’t the studio buildings, offices and tower, which from what I’ve gathered this afternoon are subject to a local heritage overlay.

1 Like

But this doesn’t include the Neighbours backlots, which would be a shame to loose.

No, but I guess they could be altered completely next week if they felt like it. T he y could be replicated elsewhere.