Broadcast Facilities

National report.

2 Likes

Looks more relatable than the nearly invisible office block set up all the other metro 10 stations now have. That’s probably why.

1 Like

Might have been easier for Nine to just walk down the road (in Brisbane) and take the shot.

They would have needed a crew to go out in Sydney or Melbourne. :man_shrugging:

Though you’d think they would already have file footage from any Network 10 location from a previous report they could recycle in this eco friendly era :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

That vision is at least 3 years old, according to Google maps.

2 Likes

Maybe they did, but everything on file was the old logo :joy:

2 Likes

Or that footage was easy to find in their system. As far as context goes its just a picture of Ten’s studios where it is is irrelevant. Personally I prefer the old logo it didn’t need to be changed.

2 Likes

Believe it or not that sign at 10 Brisbane is now a Paramount+ logo. The tower behind it belongs to TxA(owned by 9 & 7) and the old 10 studios look very unloved from the road. The security blokes booth at the front looked boarded up last time I drove past and I wonder who BAI now use as the first-in across the road at their TV site? It used to be the 10 security contractor. De-staffing has obvious knock-on effects.

3 Likes

Sydney is pretty prominent for an office building, but yes, others less so.

Surprised the 10 logo has been replaced by a Paramount+ logo on the Mt Coot-tha sign. At least dual brand it, especially when the Brisbane premises is still presumably more tv station than offices for Paramount.

2 Likes

Just a reminder of the new owners no longer making anything at this site anymore.

1 Like

It doesn’t really matter. The location is on top of a mountain. The only vehicles are mainly channels 7 & 9 driving past and a few tourists.

From memory, the security booth was only put in place in the late 90’s. I was last there just on 20 years ago. Totally Wild and the children’s TV unit took up some space, the studio and newsroom. The old presentation suite had been pulled out a couple of years before that and only the bones remained. The graphic artists were downstairs along with the techs. Also, ABC TV News was in their basement for 5 years from 2006, so was still a bustling place. All of that is gone except for the newsroom and a few admin/sales people. At a guess, less that 40 people would remain in the building. I could be wrong there.

3 Likes

Inside 7’s LA Bureau:

6 Likes

Interesting that they are using a actually screen as the background rather than a green screen.

Not really. More common these days.

3 Likes

Funnily enough with the price of LCD tvs vs green screen and the effort to make it work flawlessly, its probably cheaper with the old lcd screen

1 Like

10 returned the favour with this shot during their report tonight :smile:

11 Likes

This is great. Well played.

1 Like

I wonder if the networks deliberately choose outdated footage of their competitors to make them look outdated?

1 Like

From experience it’s usually a case of “it’ll do”, with the mindset the average viewer isn’t paying that close of attention or cares.

3 Likes

They probably just searched up “10 Studios” and that is the first thing that came up in the system.

4 Likes