Brands, Products and Promotions

I doubt there is a fixed recipe that one can’t use. As both brands are derived from the same source being the original Kraft, my guess is they both could really use the same recipe.

I always they could have done more with this brand like maybe an animated movie or series.

I don’t really remember them.

They were huge around 1998-1999. For a while they were outselling Kinder Surprise by a massive margin.

Their toys are not nearly as fun as KS though.

The current incarnation of Yowie is just wrong… prime example of an american company stealing another countries nostalgic treat and screwing it up in the process.

I haven’t seen what the current toys are like. Originally it was a series of collectible Australian wildlife. You had to piece them together and I think some had moveable parts.

There were some rare ones which made you keep buying them to collect the whole set. Thete were a lot if swap groups and online fan clubs for them.

1 Like

It’s still the wildlife figurines, except they are just a figurine with no moveable parts. Watching my young cousin open one, it didn’t really have the same appeal of a Kinder Surprise toy without any building or movement.

They should have Kinder Surprise and Yowies for adults with adult crap in them. Like money. :rofl:

1 Like

They do. They’re called scratches. :wink:

But scratchies don’t come with chocolate, nor does it come with guaranteed money. I want my vices combined, god damn it! :rofl:

Or at the very least, include or soak them in booze. :rofl:

You could be on to something there.

Well, you could go to Vegas and get free drinks while you play the pokies…

Yeah…but that involves going to Vegas. I’m too lazy.

I tried these for the first time today and they are so good. I’ll have to try the other flavours now.

image image image

I feel like they ripped off the Haighs Berrychocs, Orange Chocs and Apricot Chocs, although the Lindt ones are much smaller. I suspect this because the Lindt ones only seem to be available in Australia, so far.

image image image

1 Like

Masters are now doing 300ml and 750ml bottles:

1 Like

Dare must be really hurting the other brands a lot in market share for Masters to be copying the packaging style.
Albeit I haven’t seen Brownes Dare knockoff (Kick?) around in a while now.

750ml is a welcome addition.

Mmm, spearmint. Had a fair few of those last time I was in Perth. More brands should do it.

Dare and Masters (as well as Farmers Union in SA) are brands of Lion Dairy & Drinks so could be just standardizing the packaging?

They are both made by Lion, as are Big M and Moove?