Brands, Products and Promotions

I’d say Bega paid a pretty penny (pardon the pun) to get their brand on the coin.

I reckon MediaSpy should have its own coins. :laughing:

Recall is due to potential presence of foreign matter (plastic pieces). Yum!

2 Likes

First it’s excess alcohol, now its plastic bits in your food. God damn it Queensland, sort out your shit. :rofl:

Here’s the first Caltex OTR cobranded servo in the NT. With the pending Viva/OTR merger, I wonder what would be future for the interstate OTRs (WA, VIC, NT), which are fuelled by Caltex USA (Chevron), as opposed to BP in South Australia.

1 Like

3 Likes

Looks like I was right on the money, and we can expect a facelift for the pay phones that is similar to the 1990s-2000s colour scheme too:

They also updated their social media profile picture today to the new colour palette:

And for further confirmation:

3 Likes

Not a fan of the retro colour scheme. I think they should have stuck to a two tone colour scheme scheme for the logo in orange and white, like they had on this payphone.

1 Like

Genuinely, how long until alcohol plain packaging is introduced?

This could be a while yet. You would need all alcohol advertising to go first, sponsoring then after that it might happen.

2 Likes

Personally I hope alcohol warning labels never happen. I wouldn’t like to feel like we are being treated like smokers. Alcohol might hurt ourselves, but unlike smoking, we are not putting others health directly at risk.

4 Likes

Being a non-drinker and seeing what alcohol does to a person who just drinks excessively all the time. IMO I don’t think it would be a bad idea.

An excellent tie-in for Seven and whoever makes In a Bizkit with their cricket coverage…

1 Like

Kraft? It’s got their logo above… But a Google search suggests Nabisco makes them.

And talk about cannibalising your coverage, that takes it way too literally! :grinning:

I want add something regarding the tobacco versus alcohol debate.

If you use alcohol as recommended, one to two glasses a day, there is little risk to your health. It’s probably less detrimental than soft drinks or other sugar heavy beverages.

If you smoke cigarettes as per “instructions”, there is a 50% chance they will kill you in the long term. There is no safe level of tobacco consumption.

They are very different products.

Although kilojoule information on alcohol would be a good idea.

1 Like

I thought the In A Biskit manufacturer had changed. Wasn’t sure if it was Kraft, Nabisco, Bega, etc…

You know, some TV personalities should be wiped off the earth, Soylent Green style.

1 Like

Agree, but just not in my biskit.

According to the box, they’re owned by Mondelez and not associated with any previous branding. Surprisingly, they’re made in Australia now. When they came back a while ago, they were being imported from China.

Solyent Green is coming.

And if they have been coming out of China, id imagine a few CCP dissidents have already had the Soylent treatment.

The recommendations for alcohol consumption have been disproportionately influenced by alcohol lobbyists. There’s compelling evidence to say that no safe level of alcohol consumption exists. No level of alcohol consumption is safe for our health

This movement comes from the same vein of cigarette plain packaging in many countries, and warning labels/mascot coverups on sugary products in Mexico. If there are known health risks to alcohol, why does this vice get a pass? If this is the path we’re treading, so be it. Apply the strategy evenly.

1 Like