Brands, Products and Promotions

From what I’ve read, the supermarkets are only part of the problem.

I didn’t realise until this morning that under 10% of milk produced actually ends up being milk you buy

Tonight’s AFLX at Melbourne’s Marvel Stadium marks the debut of perhaps the longest virtual advertising banner in Australia - a 100 m long digital banner on the wing. In this video, it was promoting Varta batteries.

Should’ve checked what colour the tea were wearing first…

1 Like

:joy: Headspins. Epic fail.

I hate those virtual sponsor boards, horribly disgusting. Bathurst 1000 is the worst :nauseated_face:

21 posts were merged into an existing topic: Fast Food and Takeaways

Cadbury Creme Egg Block out now.

I see Coles have reintroduced Starburst, although it was only around 5 or 6 skus.

An interesting read on the last Blockbuster store in Australia, and the second last in the world, published a couple of days ago:

Nekminnit

Gonna need a fact check on that one

1 Like

There’s Blockbuster Video signage outside a small complex of shops in Warilla, NSW. The store closed years ago. Every time I’m down that way and I’m stopped at the traffic lights outside those shops I think what a valuable collectors item that would be and wonder why somebody hasn’t already tried to take it.

1 Like

Reuters reports Ferrari will race in Formula One’s season-opening Australian Grand Prix next week without branding for Philip Morris’s Mission Winnow initiative amid concern about tobacco advertising.

There is.

I miss Blockbuster/Video Ezy.

1 Like

Can’t you buy a subscription to a movie streaming service for less than the cost of two movies per week?

1 Like

You can still head on down to your local council library to have a lend of DVDs free of charge.

2 Likes

Even this dinosaur hasn’t had a DVD player hooked up to the TV for over three years. I still have VHS tapes and DVDs stored in the house but I’ve embraced streaming and don’t know how I lived without it.

I used to spend hours in the video store looking through the titles in the 1980s and was still receiving a free rental text on my birthday until my local store closed a few years ago. I see new releases advertised on those DVD rental kiosks in shopping centres and go home and find them on a streaming service. Not even slightly interested in using them.

1 Like

Well yeah, but… it’s the vibe.

3 Likes

Are iTunes rentals still popular? Or is that so 10 years ago?

I’d imagine Netflix and the like has had an impact on that, let alone illegal downloads and streaming / pirate copies.

But I’m old school, don’t have SVOD nor Foxtel. And I still enjoy TV shows and movies happily :slight_smile: Still get DVDs, use free BVOD or iTunes rentals to get by, as well as still watching broadcast TV.

Yep, been doing it for years. But do all libraries offer this? Or are you just assuming?