Bourke St - Suspected Terror Attack

She’s doing an amazing job as the sole reporter for 10 News First at the moment.

1 Like

10 News First Adelaide (note: order may be wrong)

The Project and 7pm

ACA was unable to deliver coverage until 8 past 7 due to ‘technical difficulties’

2 Likes

7 News Melbourne went overtime, finishing at 7.06pm with a live cross to Blake Johnson.

1 Like

What’s surprising me is that multiple outlets are showing footage of the man being shot by police - though they do mange to cut it off just after the gun shot.

1 Like

Another live cross to Katherine at 7pm.

1 Like

Norman Hearmont did a live cross on the 7pm ABC News Victoria. Is that Ben Knight on ABC News (24)?

A live cross during Today Tonight Adelaide at about 6:50 pm, too:

1 Like

Karina Carvalho doing a great job on News 24 tonight. Very good coverage.

1 Like

At the time of the incident I wondered why so many cop cars were thrashing it past my work… We originally heard it was a car and tram collision. Sad to see it ended up being much worse, great job by police and public bringing this douchebag down.

Good reporting and coverage from the networks, however it is disappointing seven have labelled it a suspected terror attack - sensationalised headline without anything this far that suggests it is terroism.

9 Likes

A press conference will be held at 8:30 and The Drum is now off the schedule but can be viewed online.

Re-cap of the events:

Conference started at 8:33pm

1 Like

Herald Sun reporting the same for the last 30 mins or so. Suspect was known to ASIO.

Are Melbourne networks going live with the latest presser?

They should be!!

Seven still seem to be on Better Homes based on what I can see on 7Plus.

1 Like

Update: Attacker died half an hour after being transported to hospital.

No Melbourne networks seem to be covering it at the moment.

SNOW and ABCNews

Confirmed terror attack.

2 Likes

National news update now on Seven with Mike Amor.
I don’t think the press conference is being covered by them though.
Edit: Has national background.

2 Likes

Under which definition of Terrorism?

Terrorism (as defined by the UN in 2004):
Any act intended to cause death or serious bodily harm to civilians or non-combatants with the purpose of intimidating a population or compelling a government or an international organistation to abstain from doing any act.