Unsubscribing then.

Disgusting.

2 Likes

Confirmed anywhere? I can only see ‘advertising tier’ mentioned above

Absolutely, if true.

1 Like

Molk’s Twitter.

1 Like

I think it’s an option, as yet unpriced.

Better bloody hope so.

What’s next? Watermarks on streaming. It’ll come eventually.

1 Like

i dont think so . i thinks for binge , not a new plan

The news.com.au article about it specifically mentions that it is a separate tier and if you want ad free it will continue.

1 Like

ohok i do aplogise then

I have no issue with ad’s so long as there remains an ad-free option. There are 3 tiers currently so I take it from the news.com.au article that the base $10 per month tier will include ads whereas the standard and premium tier will remain ad-free.

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve seen this now this morning on at least a couple of sites (so obviously regurgitated from a press release)

The tier will launch with an in-built audience scale, meaning there will be immediate access to a buyable audience, and advertisers will not have to wait for viewers to accumulate.

Which says to me they will enforce it onto at least the lower tier :angry:

1 Like

Which at least from a personal perspective I’m ok with it.

$10 is pretty reasonable entry to the binge catalogue and so the natural progression would be a price rise on the base tier or include ads, so I guess it’s a matter of pick your poison. Keeping the price low but incorporating a small number of ads seems reasonable.

I sub to the $16 tier myself.

1 Like

I fear with all these services bringing in ads that the ad free prices will keep going up and up or they will end up with certain amounts of ads on all tiers :unamused:

As do I - I think :thinking:. I’m on a Telstra discount so only paying $10 at the moment.

Yes, it starts a potential slippery slope.

1 Like

Hopefully they stop applying the PAL speedup to their programs soon. This is probably my most requested feature of Binge.
The ads is a bit interesting. So the theory right now is that ads will be applied to the Basic tier?

2 Likes

This is one way to get people to go back to illegally downloading content.

2 Likes

I really hope there’s more to it.

I pay the $17 option. There better be no ads in there.

It’s getting ridiculous now. I would love to see someone create some kind of bundle service that actually works. Optus and Amazon are already trying to create the first one.

ABC already watermarks streaming

And so do 7Plus, 9Now and 10Play…

I’m talking about the paid, premium services.

Ahhh. I dont watch them… sorry… nothing to see here… just a misinformed idiot… :laughing: