Big Brother

Promo says starting November.

2 Likes

Promo aired during AFL Grand Final.

4 Likes

Right timing. If it bombs, it won’t do much damage ratings-wise whereas it’ll be a bonus if it performs decently.

1 Like

So It’s full of young people? Looks like Love Island in a house.

1 Like

Clearly this is better suited to a multichannel?

in a midnight slot too… :stuck_out_tongue:

Filmed one year ago? Who is going to bother watching this?

3 Likes

The average viewer won’t know about that.

3 Likes

That isn’t going to happen.

It was meant to be a Big Brother “House of Love” themed season but nothing much love wise came out of it. So they have re-branded the season.

It must be awful if they’ve sat on it for over a year.

6 Likes

How much of a rebrand did they do … there’s still hearts in the logo.

To be fair, all of 7’s ‘BB’ seasons have been awful. They have completely destroyed the essence of what Big Brother is supposed to be, no wonder no other country has adopted this abomination of a format.

11 Likes

I agree, wish we could go back to the old days on 10. Was my first introduction to reality tv, now I watch far too much of it. :joy:

4 Likes

Isn’t 7’s format an adaptation of other series that were similar?

Its a 1/2 assed version of the US format but at least there’s is filmed live and has live streams that you can watch + there is interaction with the public.

Filming the show six months to a year in advance and editing it to death once it airs is ridiculous.

5 Likes

Wasn’t this upcoming BB filmed over 12 months ago?

It will be over a year by the time it airs, started filming October 31st last year.

1 Like

They know it’s a dog and that’s why they have pushed it to start in November. If they had confidence in the product it would have already aired

4 Likes

Looking forward to checking out the new UK Version this weekend. I like this tweer from an insider saying they have copied some things from the us version like BB being a character and the feeling that he lives inside the walls of the house, but they were deterred from copying 7’s version as “Thats not big Brother” which I know we all agree with
https://twitter.com/BBUKiris/status/1709161940222677453

What’s the point? If I’m going to watch a “live” show that happened over a year ago I’d rather just watch reruns of the Channel 10 series.

6 Likes

Things are bare at Seven again! I would’ve gone for another season of AGT instead of doing this.