Big Brother

I can’t believe how boring this season is. Did they really have to copy everything from Survivor? This is no longer Big Brother. It’s 2020 and we are getting less footage than ever. And 7 expects people to vote for a winner when the show is almost over and we barely know anything about the housemates? What a joke. And here I thought nothing could be worse than Nine’s Big Brother.

6 Likes

Was it because they had to cut it short due to COVID-19? the second filming later in the year will be longer?

Yeah it’s dumb, vote for someone based on what? We’ve seen no normal footage only them talking about gameplay or doing challenges.

6 Likes

Even if they had to cut it short, there is no reason why they couldn’t have shown normal conversations between the housemates instead of focusing on non stop nomination talk all the time.

4 Likes

Hopefully people would be voting for the best gameplay. They should have renamed the Big Brother so this confusion didn’t happen. I disagree with it being boring. I have enjoy the season and viewers have been watching in droves.

I wouldn’t say rating now below 700k is viewers watching in droves. Even when you add in the VPM and consolidated ratings the show is only getting around 800k viewers. Only the 2014 season of BB has rated lower. It’s good for 7 considering their current situation but nothing spectacular.

We will have to agree to disagree on the show being boring as to me every episode is repetitive and the evictions have been also very predictable.

The non stop nominations talk every episode means there is no room to air any normal housemate interactions which is what the show should be about if you want people to vote for a winner.

6 Likes

Actually its over 1 million when you add in the VPM and catch up which is massive for FTA television. Its demos have been really solid and there has been some great consistent figures for the show. Clearly you are in the minority and the viewers have resonated with the format.

This is the 21st of June:

And that isn’t including the month consolidated and the fact this new format is much more marketable and able to sell to streaming services.

I would like to know what other shows this year have achieved those sorts of figures online and streamed live. Which brings viewers to their website. This sort of show is something all networks are in dire need for as the consumer is on a device where they can easily buy what they see which is an advertisers dream.

3 Likes

How is it over a million when the last episode had 695k watching and a VPM of around 20k, with consolidating averaging 90k. The last few episodes have also averaged out to 850k with consolidated and VPM ratings added. And which streaming services will it be sold to?

I just gave you the figures from the 21’st of June which was over 1 million 840 + 50 + 149 is 1.03 million.

I have no idea which streaming services will go for it. But there is every chance it will be with the short seasons. Netflix has been a fan of a lot of the 7 reality shows. And even if they don’t its a show like Love Island that can keep constantly having viewers come back and tune into it.

As I have said previously I do prefer the original format but I don’t let my bias get in the way of seeing the show has been successful. Just because you might not like it doesn’t mean the show hasn’t been successful and resonated with viewers.

I think Regional Viewership gets it to a million - the 695k (and the 90k consolidated) are from the 5 City Metro Viewership

1 Like

Sorry was looking at the wrong VPM numbers. You are right I can’t deny the semi success of BB this year but I can’t see what is essentially a Survivor copy sustaining these ratings in the long term if the show stays as repetitive as it has been.

I hope 7 shakes up the format somewhat next season to stop it becoming stale.

TONIGHT – A COVID-19 scare forced the Big Brother house into lockdown but it didn’t stop the housemates playing the game. Daniel made a secret deal with Chad to keep himself and Mat safe in the game, throwing the challenge and giving Chad the power to nominate. Chad put best friends Xavier and Casey up for eviction alongside pal Sarah, who he knew had found Big Brother’s secret token which would keep her safe from eviction. Given the chance to remove a major player, Daniel and Mat turned on their former ally and Xavier was evicted from the house.

BIG BROTHER’S SCAVENGER HUNT

Big Brother offered one housemate an edge by throwing a scavenger hunt. Hidden somewhere within the house was a Big Brother token. The first to find it would have to go to the diary room to find out what their game changing advantage would be. Sarah found the token and was told she could remove herself or a fellow housemate from eviction if nominated after the next challenge.

NOMINATION CHALLENGE

Musical Chairs – Positioned throughout the house were eight unique chairs of all shapes and sizes. When the alarm sounded, housemates had to run to the target in the loungeroom. When the alarm stopped, they had to race to sit in a chair. The housemate left without a chair was out of the challenge and so on and so on until there was one person left who won the power to nominate three housemates for eviction.

CHALLENGE WINNER

Chad

NOMINATED FOR EVICTION / NUMBER OF VOTES

NOMINEES VOTES
XAVIER 6
CASEY 0
SARAH REMOVED HERSELF FROM NOMINATON USING BB TOKEN

EVICTED HOUSEMATE

Xavier Molyneux, Sydney - “If you wanted to vote out the more strategical player it was definitely me. Dan and Mat got me real good. If I was in their position, I’d probably make the same move so no hard feelings. I’ve been in there for 30 days and it was a pressure cooker situation. It was so much fun getting to know everybody and it was a great experience all round so one hundred percent I’d do it again.”

MONDAY 7.30PM… CASEY SEEKS REVENGE!

Chad and Sophie have forged an unbreakable alliance and it hasn’t gone unnoticed. Casey is out for revenge and she’ll do whatever it takes to bring them down

One thing that is really frustrating me about this season is the contestants have been allowed to talk to home. Last week Daniel got a call from his girlfriend. This week they all received calls from home.

3 Likes

Well it is a once in a life time pandemic. Of course they should be allowed to call home and check in on family and friends.

Doesn’t explain the video call with Daniel’s girlfriend last week just because he wanted to make sure they were still an item.

4 Likes

Yes, but they should not have received letters from Home 2 weeks in and not received zoom video messages only 3 and a half weeks in. That just goes against the fundamentals of the show.

6 Likes

But its not the same show we knew before. This might be what the producers want to do to keep housemates enthused and functioning and not moping around.

2 Likes

Then its not really Big Brother is it?

6 Likes

Certainly not the BB that I remember. I really miss seeing the interaction of the contestants, rather than the Survivor-style scheming. Watching the contestants bond and look out for each other was one of the best parts of the old BB.

6 Likes

How do you say Xavier’s name?

Is it X-avier or Z-avier?

It’s pronounced Zayvier.

Spelt Xavier.

Astounds me how many of the housemates couldn’t say it correctly.

3 Likes