Big Brother

Someone else who is insulting the ‘average viewer’s’ intelligence is producer Amelia Fisk. This quote below from an interview published in the Nine newspapers today is Fisk discussing how this season is entirely pre-recorded:

Big Brother has always been edited, it’s just now ours is a longer edit," Fisk says. "We are crafting a series that can stand up against the other shows and their production values. So we’ve got a whole post [production] team that’s looking through over 66 cameras’ worth of vision.

"Audience are savvy, they want more bang for their buck. So we need the production values, we need to scale, we need to create a house on the edge of the world.

I find the argument being made by those involved with the current iteration that viewers now wouldn’t ‘accept’ a ‘traditional’ version of Big Brother to be really puzzling. I believe they definitely would if it’s done right

5 Likes

By pre-recording a series like Big Brother so far ahead of schedule they’ve pretty much lost all of their production values. Gone are the authentic happenings in the house and now we’ve got to put up with some manufactured drivel.

Seems like they’ve got the wrong hands on the show.

4 Likes

10 manage to produce I’m A Celebrity on a less than one-day turn around - a multi-camera show following the activities of a group of people in a confined space with a variety of challenges thrown in.

Each night there is a live show featuring pre-recorded elements 5 nights a week. I can’t see any loss of production quality and with the format the public gets to be involved by voting as well.

Based on the recent ratings success of that show, I’d say that the Australian public are pretty happy with that type of format.

If 10 can manage it from South Africa, surely Seven could manage the same feat from Sydney.

12 Likes

Just as Nine got caught out manipulating vision and twisting timelines to manufacture drama in MAFS, I expect there’ll be evidence Seven has done similar with BB.

They’ve had months to concoct a false narrative with all the vision they have. It was bad enough producers were selective with a day’s worth of vision in the original series and withheld the full story surrounding clashes between contestants. Now we’ll be served up something that is far removed from the truth because they will have felt the need to edit together events and conversations that may well have taken place several days apart to create buzz.

We already know at least one eviction has been faked. How much more of this so called “reality” show has been scripted?

8 Likes

I’m a Celeb got caught out airing content days after certain contestants were eliminated. Unfortunately it happens in every reality.

1 Like

Here will do.

Though to be fair it does need a topic of its own :rofl:

1 Like

Thanks for that Tom!

I have to admit, the ad that they’ve recently released is the first time I’ve actually been tempted to watch the show since 7 announced last year that they were rebooting Big Brother.
Not too sure whether Big Brother will succeed by making it more ‘family-friendly’- I can understand that they’re competing against The Voice and Masterchef (both are easy family viewing), however MAFS has always been at the 7:30pm timeslot and is a constant ratings winner for 9. I thought 7 would be focusing on regaining that younger demographic, however I guess they’re wanting to play it safe by making it family-friendly, so they don’t want the risk of no-one watching in case the younger demos don’t watch and then they’ve also alienated the older family demographic.

@TV.Cynic anyway to make
The promo viewable outside AU?

This is precisely the reason why I have such little interest in 7’s “Big Brother” reboot (says a BB fan). I might as well just go watch a movie.

1 Like

Isn’t this quite similar to Survivor though?? They’re doing daily challenges and then whoever wins gets to nominate 3 people to be evicted. Then everyone in the house nominates 1 person they want to go. I think they’re moving away from all the fake conflicts and now it’s much more of a strategic game. Survivor is also pre-recorded but has a huge following particularly over the last 2 seasons and lots of people love the show.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/bigbrother_au/status/1268479244037812224?s=20

Without a VPN you could try looking on their twitter feed.

4 Likes

How is that the first 4 minutes? Isn’t it just the same promo recapped and then Kieran arriving at the house?

1 Like

actually looks pretty good to me

4 Likes

As an open critic of this reboot, I don’t mind what I saw during those 4 minutes. I’ll wait and see to make further judgement.

2 Likes

That will clearly what will be shown during the first 4 minutes of the show.

3 Likes

Sooo…

They got me guys. They got me.

That 4 mins got me a bit hyped I have to admit. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I thought that Seven might have tried to maintain some illusion that the show is “as live” but that intro showed plenty of content from during the season, so very obvious that it is recorded well in advance. Strange decision.

1 Like

They’ll have to address the Covid situation wouldn’t they? And that’ll show that pre recording happened? As we are on the other side of it now.

Every reality show begins with a similar ‘series preview’ promo

I’m
Hyped
Too after that.