Between Two Worlds

How many episodes are available to watch?

Just the first two episodes at the moment.

1 Like

Quite rare for you to be critical of Seven, mind.

Any one have any ratings?

No because of the ratings delay…

1 Like

July 2020 - Ratings Delay

That is good to know. I might give it a watch. I was going to wait until all episodes had aired.

I find this quote pretty interesting:

In another subversion of the genre, each episode ends with a recap and cliff-hanger, but each ensuing episode begins a few minutes before that and examines the cliff-hanger from another point of view.

“It works really well because after the first hour you assume all sorts of things and then you think, ‘Oh my God I had no idea that was going on’. That happens every week,” (Bevan Lee) continues.

The article also says director of photography Henry Pierce ACS shot the series with a Panasonic 8K camera in Ultra High Definition in the 2:1 letterbox format. So could the drama be shown in 4K down the track?

2 Likes

I thought this was really great in the second episode. Interesting to see this will happen in every episode.

I would imagine so if it ends up on Stan or Netflix

An interesting insight from Bevan Lee, who is coming up to his 70th birthday.

He believe this series is his swan song.

It’s a lengthy podcast chat but great to have on in the background to understand the man, other creations and his past work as well as Between Two Worlds
Worth a listen in my view interviewer is Aaron Ryan

2 Likes

Just watched the second episode on 7+. Unfortunately, it’s a tad slow. Also, the cliffhanger for episode 2 was predictable. The characters are a little weak and unrealistic. Hopefully this pics up.

Episode 1 :star: :star: :star:
Episode 2 :star: :star:

I agree with this. I think this type of series is just not suited to FTA anymore. It is a shame, as apparently it cost an absolute bomb to make.

Maybe they will sell it to Amazon and make money off it after it has finished airing on FTA?

Well with eOne handling the international rights, they would easily be able to recoup any losses.

I’d put money on it going to CTV or Global in Canada though because of eOne’s dominance on those two channels over there.

Visually this show is great, but the script is terrible, the story line not much better and a fair bit of over acting. Given the budget it is very disappointing.

1 Like

I thought episode 2 was slightly better with the twists and plots beginning to be revealed.

Ouch for the ratings for Episode 2. I assume it will not be in the same time slot next week.

Episode 2 had been available on 7plus right after the series debut last Sunday night, so some people would have seen it (although the numbers would be very low as neither episode featured in Seven’s top 5 programs on VPM ratings).

1 Like

I think what’s also failed the show is the promos. Bevan Lee above did mention in that podcast that they have struggled in the promos department with the show.

The promos that did run and the running have no insight into what it is. I understand they have wanted to protect the narrative but it’s detriment to the show. You can’t promo it like reality that has an ambiguous message and expect people to tune in.

People need to be convinced to watch drama sadly these days.
They have failed it.

Also I really didn’t enjoy the second episode.