Better Homes and Gardens

A fantastic achievement and Aussie treasure. Touching and inspiring so many lives. A lifestyle leader. Seven and everyone involved in the show should be proud their work has engaged audiences week in week out for so long.

2 Likes

8 Likes

Tonight’s episode is shown on 7TWO in all states except WA due to Seven’s coverage of the royal wedding of Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank.

1 Like

Tonight’s Countdown to Christmas will be shown on 7TWO in all states except WA due to Seven’s live coverage of Big Bash League.

1 Like

Returning for 2019

3 Likes

This Friday marks the start of the new season of BH&G, but it’s clear the BBL takes priority. QLD and SA viewers will have to follow BH&G from main channel to 7TWO once the cricket starts.
In NT, BH&G will be shown in full on 7TWO from 7pm local time. In WA, BH&G will air as usual at 7pm on main channel, against live BBL on 7mate (5.30pm-9pm local time)

2 Likes

NZ FTA channel Three Life will fasttrack the current season at 7.30pm Saturdays starting from February 9, with each episode to be shown eight days after Seven’s broadcast.

BH&G special tonight and normal episode tomorrow on 7Two

3 Likes

Jason Hodges has won another gold medal at this year’s Melbourne International Flower and Garden Show. You can see how his garden design came into fruition on this week’s show.

3 Likes

Tonight’s episode aired in South Australia at 6.30pm due to 7TWO’s live telecast of Australian Swimming Championships.

Next week on Good Friday, BH&G will be shown on main channel in NT and Tasmania at 7.30pm, with no Friday night AFL.

2 Likes

Three Life has dropped BH&G from its schedule.

So, in Melbourne last night, basically what happened is they cut out some segments and other advertorial/in-program promotional stuff to reduce the run time by 30min.

Viewers were advised (as posted in “Seven Presentation” thread) to watch the proper full episode via 7Plus when available.

For example, what was the final segment with Johanna and Ricki-Lee eating and saying goodbye and waving, was bizarrely not the final segment, making no sense. And the final segment was with the carpentry bloke and the ex-House Rules guy looking back at their ‘brick’ creation and the episode abruptly ended with a credit to “view full ep on 7Plus” and a highlight with garden guru Graham (so that was a segment that didn’t air).

1 Like

Cross-promotion for Downton Abbey the movie.

1 Like

Production of BH&G TV show will continue as a condition of Seven West Media’s sale of Pacific Magazine to Bauer Media.

“Celebrating its 25th year, Seven Studios’ Better Homes and Gardens will offer new content across technology, health and fitness and motoring.”

Its about time BHG did something new in lifestlye !

1 Like

My parents watched BH and G for years then when The Living Room came along I showed it to them. They didn’t budge initially, but now they reckon TLR is actually more interesting and prefer that show.

This year’s season finale will air on Thursday, November 28, at 7.30pm, due to Seven’s coverage of the day/night cricket test between Australia and Pakistan starring in Adelaide Oval on the following day.

3 Likes

The show’s gardening guru Jason Hodges won’t return next year according to News Corp. He has been with the show since 2005. He will be a big loss.

EDIT 14/12:

(Jason Hodges said)
"To be honest, I am absolutely gutted…

I think of myself as being the luckiest guy in the world, to have had the best job in the world and work with the best team there is … I’d be lying if I said I was not upset but as people in this business know, that’s how it goes."

The knockabout ‘‘Hodgie’’ is set to be replaced by rival celebrity landscaper Charlie Albone and veteran gardening correspondent Melissa King, while long-standing BH&G green thumb Graham Ross remains on the show.

Seven confirmed the format would return in 2020 with new content.
“Better Homes and Gardens will return in February 2020 with new technology, health and fitness and motoring content, along with all the ideas and inspiration audiences have come to expect from host Johanna Griggs and the team,” said the spokesperson.

The promo for Saturday’s Christmas ep says a “special announcement” about the team… surely they’re not going to publicly ditch Jason Hodges on air, especially after he’s said he’s gutted. Wouldn’t you just let him disappear?