Australian Survivor

Never believe anything that is overhyped in Australian Survivor commercials. Heath going was not a surprise to anyone. Although at least they edited the pre-tribal strategizing well because going into it we had 3 or 4 names that had been thrown around so I wasn’t completely expecting him to go that vote.

I am just getting increasingly bored with this season. The contenders are idiots for turning on each other. They should have saved Tegan and they should have voted a Champion out last night when they had the numbers. It is pretty clear that the Champions are sticking together and Lydia is just going to ditch Robbie and Benji come the merge (cos she would be stupid not too). If the numbers were a little bit closer come merge they would have only need to convince a couple Champions that are on the bottom to flip and they could have turned the game around. Instead the boring Champions are going to Pagong their way through.

I am however starting to get the feeling that Shonee could sneak through and win this. She is getting a strange edit. She is getting quite a focus in episodes despite being on the bottom, not doing much etc. Last night they made a big deal about how bored she was but was stepping up. Compare that to someone like Fenella who we see nothing of.

1 Like

Benji’s accent is killing me. It’s having a cumulative effect, like arsenic. That’s just for starters. I can’t think of a more vile and irritating contestant in any season of any Survivor.

3 Likes

Yeah everything about Benji is annoying. I want him gone.

1 Like

The new merged tribe is called Koro Savu. In Fijian Koro means village and Savu means waterfall.

1 Like

Benji for the win.

Well you asked the contenders to play and play they did tonight. Good episode. I think Shane is playing quite a good game.

1 Like

Only half played. Benji and Robbie showed tonight they are in the minority. The jury will be made up of mostly champions, there is no way they are voting for Benji to win. Neither Shonee or Fenella would vote for them either.

1 Like

Shane’s game play (or at least the edit of it) is impressive, I hope she goes all the way

“don’t f**k with Shame Gould!”

1 Like

Seems that the Champions always wanted to send Lydia home but just waited for the right opportunity to strike. It happened just after the merge and Lydia narrowly lost to Sharn at the first individual immunity challenge.
Earlier at the auction, the boys needlessly paid big bucks for an item covered under a cloche thinking it might be a clue to hidden immunity idol, but it turned out to be plain food.

For now. Seems like a lot want to play the game now so they could be used well by the groups. I thought it was a smart move. Lydia well and truly had the physical game in the bag.

How did the contenders play? They didn’t. The Champions did. Robbie and Benji were the only ones that didn’t vote for Lydia… and Shonee and Fenella did what they were told.

The Contenders are on a self constructing path thanks to Robbie and Benji. The two guys are absolute morons. They legit completely turned on the contenders (by voting out Tegan and Heath) and sided with the one Champion that everyone was going to want out come the merge (due to being a physical threat). Now Robbie in particular is on the bottom as stands as one of the big physical threats in challenges.

Going by the preview it’s meant to get crazy but I still think they are being over dramatic. I would love to see someone like Shonee sneak through to the end. At this point I would almost put money on her winning. She is being edited really well, making some hilarious confessional comments and has proven to be pretty loyal. There has never really been a mention of her going or being a threat either.

That comment in the preview was the best thing about this season so far. She is suddenly being portrayed very differently to the first half of the season. Good on her.

3 Likes

I didn’t mean contenders as in the tribe. Contestants would have been a better word.

I think Mat has to be the clear threat and favourite. The way he has been pulling the strings I am sorta gunning for his demise like how Lydia was voted out last week.

My favourite is Benji then Shane as number two. Amazing not only how Benji has managed to stay so long after his clear mistake a few weeks ago of revealing himself (was the wrong person to reveal to) but to knock off I think it has been three people single handedly I have loved watching that. He does have some over confidence, but I’ll take him over Russell any day of the week.

1 Like

Mat has the hidden immunity idol that Moana gave him though so he will be here for a while yet.

He has never mentioned he has it though.

That’s because it hasn’t relevant to the edit so far as he has never been in danger of going. There is a pretty big spoiler in the promo Ten aired last week showcasing the rest of the season that he still has it.

I don’t think they ever even showed Moana giving Matt the Idol did they? They showed her showing him the Idol that she found but that was it. She then quit and it was never mentioned again. I was unsure if he had it or not so I think it’s poor on the editing part that it hasn’t been mentioned if he does have it.

1 Like

He has it. Pretty sure he gives it to Steve at an upcoming tribal council as Steve can be seen wearing a hidden immunity idol around his neck at tribal council in the promo Ten showed at the end of the last episode.

Are you sure it wasn’t just the immunity necklace? I don’t understand why he would be wearing it around his neck. No one else normally does - unless you are Russell to intimidate.

Yeah I’m pretty sure that Steve is just wearing the Immunity Necklace. But Ten are absolute idiots with their promo’s. If you analyse it closely you can work out a number of things in the upcoming episodes e.g. certain people shown in multiple challenges obviously survive a while etc. Just stupid…

Tonight the end credits have been tweaked to include production company Screentime. I think it is only representing its parent company Banijay Group which owns the rights to Survivor format. Endemol Shine made the current season.