Australian Survivor

Yes I thought we all knew this? Maybe its just because I have been stalking him for ages on Instagram.

What is clear to me though is that is a lot of the contenders applied thinking they would be a champion - the policeman who went first and even Benji were clearly apply thinking they were champions.

I had no idea.

The only real difference between Contenders and Champions is that Contenders applied to be on the show and every single Champion was recruited. Benji definitely could have fit on the champion tribe.

1 Like

Do you think all the champions were recruited? Obviously the well known ones were but I have some sneaky suspicions a few might have applied. They did have a casting call for contenders and champions.

nepotism in TV. Who would have thunk it?

Yes they all were recruited, not a single person on the Champions tribe applied. Even on the website or Facebook they had some audition videos up of the contestants and it was only Contenders. Also Ryan Brink who does the Australian Survivor pod casts and is pretty in the know with everything said that all Champions were recruited. I’ve seen emails and stuff from Channel 10 as well that went to the agents of contestants they were trying to recruit.

1 Like

Just thought there were some interesting choices like the prosecutor.

Not sure about previous seasons of Australian Survivor, but according to insiders the US series recruits many of the participants.

For example, Survivor Fiji had only one castaway who applied for the show.

While they get tens of thousands of applications, only a handful are what they are interested in. They usually recruit people to be on the show that they think would make good contestants.

(Some other interesting stuff in this)

Oh yeah recruits are not uncommon in the US, especially in themed seasons. Generally when you have models on the tribes they are recruited.

100% correct.

Is it only on 2 days a week now? They could have really utilized the space on Sunday they have now.

Just caught up on the last ep. So Heath coincidentally gets the idol clue but then he uses it for a non eliminating from the game tribal council? Are they just bending the rules now to suit a narrative?

He got the idol two episodes ago.

1 Like

yeah but its not a regular eviction so should it have been allowed to be used?

Because he wouldn’t be able to use it in the exile island elimination would he? Seems like it would be a bit unfair for them to say you can’t use it to save yourself at all.

He was silly to use it (he is no slouch in challenges, he could have won his way back and keep it for when the vote means elimination).

However, I think it is fair of the show to allow an idol use here, as he knew happening to that night’s evictee and he played an idol to prevent that from happening.

1 Like

Yeah but he wants Courtney back and if he went then one of them HAD to go so he sent the weakest female there. It was a good strategy just thought it was contrived

I belive you are referring to Tegan.

Anyway, being an obvious duo with Tegan is what got him targeted. So it seams silly to re-paint that target by wanting Tegan back in the game.

I do think he could have landed in a new alliance, had he moved forward without Tegan. He seams like someone who is sociable enough to do that.

How was he silly to use it? Are you saying that Heath should have kept his Idol, gone to exile beach and having a 50/50 chance of leaving the game with an Idol in his pocket? By not playing it he was a 50/50 chance of going home and would have gone up against one of his closest allies in the challenge who is also good at challenges. This way he saved himself, sent the weakest member of the tribe home home who turned on him and increased the chance to get Tegan back in the game. It was a very smart play.

2 Likes

If it was 50-50, then I agree, it is a stupid mobe.

However, I think Heith bests Tegan in almost any challenge the producers could wheel out.

It’s not 50-50, it’s more like 80-20 in favour of Heith renaming in the game, with an unknown idol, without the reason he was targeted (Tegan and being an obvious duo with her), and him being socable enough to re-integrate.

Not really. He is trying to get his alliance back. Sending in a weak competitor will help.

3 Likes