Australian Survivor

Bring on Survivor. Cant wait to have something on air at 7:30

For those who haven’t seen it, someone has uploaded it on YouTube. Great promo again!

1 Like

What is it with ten spoiling things again. They could have kept yellow a surprise, but no.

I’ll be watching of course. The cast looks much better, so much better than those boring drips last year (sans Kat). Hopefully that annoying mateship mantra has been tossed aside as well.

I see the last season is being repeated daily at midday on One.

###Could Mark Or Sarah Be Australia’s Next Sole Survivor?

Network Ten’s spectacular new season of Australian Survivor is set to wow audiences as 24 formidable everyday Aussies are marooned on a tropical island for up to 55 days.

Two of this season’s brave contenders are Mark Herlaar and Sarah Tilleke.

Mark is a 51-year-old lime farmer from Queensland. A loving and generous family man, he is a hardworking farmer who is keen to give younger contestants a run for their money. A firm believer in doing the right thing, Mark knows that when it comes to Australian Survivor, his moral compass may be tested.

Sarah is a 22-year-old model from Perth. Smart, mature and well-travelled, she plans to make big moves during her time on the island. Being a contestant on Survivor has been a lifelong ambition for Sarah and she wants to win by playing the best game anyone has ever seen. She hopes to be underestimated by her tribe and is not afraid to lie.

1 Like

Rupert look a like?

News Corp has published the full cast for season two. The two most prominent contestants are water polo player Nicola Zagame (who competed in last year’s Rio Olympic Games as part of the Australian team) and Kent Nelson (chief financial officer of the South Australian Parliament). Nicola will be known by her nickname “Ziggy” during the competition.

I really like this cast.

The cast

1 Like

###Do Henry And Aimee Have The Will To Survive?

Two of this season’s eager contestants are Henry Nicholson and Aimee Stanton.

Henry is a 26-year-old entrepreneur from Adelaide. His strategic game plan is to deceive his peers by playing the role of a laid-back yoga instructor. Little do they know he is actually a labourer and a small business owner with a degree in marketing and accounting. Will he be able to fool his tribe?

A woman who loves to push herself out of her comfort zone, Aimee is not one to shy away from an adventure. The 23-year-old plumber from Melbourne spends most of her time camping, hiking and riding bikes. Last year she walked over 500 kilometres by herself from Melbourne to Canberra. She is physically prepared for the great outdoors, but will she have what it takes to play the mental game?

Season two of the critically-acclaimed human drama will see the country’s best game players stranded in the rugged paradise of Samoa for up to 55 days.

Henry, Aimee and their fellow contestants will be deprived of basic comforts and faced with torrential rain and intense humidity as they navigate their way through the world’s greatest game. The ultimate winner will walk away with a life-changing experience, $500,000 and the coveted title of Australia’s Sole Survivor 2017.

Tune in to see if Henry and Aimee have what it takes to make it through the twists and turns of Australian Survivor.

The cast looks very similar to last years cast to me with the same sort of people in there but I’ll wait till the first episode to make a proper judgement.

I just hope they do enough to distinguish this season from the last given it’s the same location. At least they are doing the tribe split differently (2 tribes of 12) but I’m not sure if it’s enough. Plus those are such massive tribes.

I also really hope they learn from the mistakes of last season. Even cutting it down 3-4 episodes to have a boot every episode would make a big difference.

1 Like

Apparently if you look up Mana Island Fiji on Google earth you can see numerous things sich as challenge set ups, an air strip with Survivor crew etc. Thats pretty crazy!

Edit: My bad the Google earth images are of the US season not Aus.

Interesting

Check out some of the associated photos

from 2010

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/40839045?source=wapi&referrer=kh.google.com

###Will Joan And Mark Survive The World’s Greatest Game?

Network Ten’s spectacular new season of Australian Survivor will captivate audiences with a diverse cast of 24 everyday Aussies eager to play the world’s greatest game.

Two of this season’s thrill-seeking contenders are Joan Caballero and Mark Wales.

If anyone knows how to handle tough situations, it is Joan. Pregnant at 16 and temporarily homeless, the sassy entrepreneur never gave up hope. Now aged 29 and a mum of three, Joan runs escape rooms with her partner Frank, designing and facilitating large-scale games and puzzles for groups of friends and colleagues. Joan is confident that her experience in life will help her play the game of Survivor.

Mark is an ex-SAS Troop Commander who has served in Afghanistan, Iraq, Lebanon, East Timor and the Solomon Islands. Currently living in New York and running his own fashion label, Mark thinks it will be his SAS skills that will help him most in the rugged tropical paradise of Samoa. Mark has a tough exterior and a big heart, and is hoping to inspire other veterans to live a full life.

1 Like

Confirmed via tv tonight for Sunday 30th July. Is it theee nights a week again? If so, that is also stupid.

Live finale and reunion also confirmed for this year.

Honestly why do ten do this? Sundays are it’s worst night. They need to offer an alternative.

Monday and Tuesday would’ve been better for it. Bachelor Wednesday and Thursday’s.

1 Like

###Back To The Beach: Australian Survivor Returns.

Australian Survivor Season Two – With An Epic Live Finale.

Premieres Sunday 30 July

The ultimate test of the human spirit – TEN’s spectacular family entertainment series Australian Survivor – returns for a brand new season on Sunday 30 July at 7.30pm.

With the untamed tropical wilderness of Samoa as a backdrop, 24 new contestants will face the definitive test of strategy and endurance, all under the watchful eye of returning host Jonathan LaPaglia.

This year, the winner of Australian Survivor will be announced in an epic live finale. After season one, viewers demanded a live finale and Network Ten has delivered. All 24 contestants will come together, in front of a live audience, for the announcement of the winner and the reunion special.

Talking about the new season of Australian Survivor, Jonathan said: “I wasn’t sure how we were going to top last year but I think we will. Everything is bigger and rougher and wilder than before. We have come up with some epic challenges to put our contestants through and there are some serious game players in here.”

On the new 24 contestants for 2017, he said: “We have got a great bunch of contestants who represent a good cross-section of Australia and I think the audiences are going to love it even more than last time.

“There’s still that element of mateship and loyalty that’s such an important part of Australia’s social fabric that really gets the contestants struggling because of the nature of the show. And there’s a lot of fun seeing some of these big game players really go all out.

“Last year we had a tough group of competitors and it’s hard to beat such a huge series and especially that final Immunity Challenge seeing the underdog Kristie come through. It’s going to be a tough one to beat but I think we’re going to do it,” Jonathan said.

Manipulative, confident, and ready to do anything in the name of the game, these extraordinary Australians must dig deep in order to outwit, outplay and outlast to become the sole Survivor.

3 Likes

Cast photo

2 Likes

It’s great we will have a live finale, let’s hope it’s not on the same night as The Block auction finale! There are plenty of live venues around the country which can host the finale assuming it is open to the public with tickets, any suggestions?
I assume Survivor goes to Sundays and Mondays because there are still episodes remaining for this season of Shark Tank on Tuesdays, and Ten is planning for Shark Tank to take the 7.30pm timeslot.

Yep thats what I am thinking. Survivor on Sundays and Mondays, Shark Tank Tuesdays and Bachelor Wednesday and Thursday. The last 5 episodes of NCIS will probably shown in the 8:30 Tuesday timeslot leading into the new season.

I wasn’t aware that this had been confirmed?