Australian Spartan

It’s sport themed, but is it really classified as ‘sport’?

I thought it still came under the entertainment category?

Of course they are going to accentuate her sporting exploits for this show rather than her news work. No one is tuning into this show thinking Edwina might break a news story halfway through.

4 Likes

Fine.

Not having a go Edwina, but we should then speak technically…

All I’ve seen her do at sport events (like the Melbourne Cup) is interview celebrities in the marquees. Doesn’t exactly cut it for ‘sport personality’ does it? :roll_eyes:

0011_Spartan-500x281

3 Likes

Sunday Herald Sun reports former rugby league star Wendell Sailor will be sideline reporter for the show. Filming starts on Monday.

1 Like

Wendell Sailor is AUSTRALIAN SPARTAN’s sideline reporter

Dual code rugby legend Wendell Sailor has been confirmed as sideline reporter for Channel 7’s upcoming event TV program, AUSTRALIAN SPARTAN.

Joining previously announced hosts Edwina Bartholomew and Hamish McLachlan, Sailor will bring viewers all the action as it happens from Australia’s finest athletes as they tackle the world’s toughest obstacle competition.

“I’m excited to be in this great show and love seeing people being challenged, working as a team.” Wendell said.

A proud Queenslander, Wendell excelled in both Rugby League (playing over a combined 200 games for Brisbane Broncos and Illawarra Dragons) and Rugby Union (over 50 games with Queensland Reds and NSW Waratahs). He also played 37 tests for the Wallabies.

No stranger to Channel Seven, he has appeared on both Dancing With The Stars and Australia’s Greatest Athlete.

Inspired by the global fitness phenomenon, AUSTRALIAN SPARTAN is impossible to complete alone, the only way to conquer it is to work together as a cohesive unit of three.

Raising the bar on team competitions, groups of friends, families and workmates must join forces to race through a specially-designed spectacular Spartan course engineered to challenge their determination, endurance and will.

The format rights for Spartan: Ultimate Team Challenge are held by NBCUniversal International Formats and will be distributed worldwide by NBCUniversal International Distribution.

AUSTRALIAN SPARTAN films in Brisbane later this month.

Audience tickets are available at www.australianspartanaudience.com.au

1 Like

First details of the show have been revealed, including part of the course and teams. The show could air in the first quarter of 2018.
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/sydney-confidential/australian-spartan-is-sevens-answer-to-nines-ninja-warrior-and-its-going-to-be-huge/news-story/9166b7b53fb5a55a31537d1cb42dbc8a

I think early shots have been edited into Seven’s “2018” promos, they were different in the promo I saw today.

1 Like

Correct. Some glimpses are in the 2018 promo it seems.

1 Like

This today:

1 Like

Logo

Sneak peek
mp4_000006446
mp4_000018666
mp4_000033951
mp4_000011836
mp4_000026601
mp4_000004728
mp4_000051132
mp4_000045239
mp4_000015240
mp4_000054169
mp4_000036183

5 Likes

Brilliant, just what Seven Needs, A Shot in the Arm of Spartans.

1 Like

The promos for this are looking pretty great, and pretty positive commentary on social media.

2 Likes

Are we expecting this to be an “after the Comm Games” show, biggest platform in 12 years to launch?

Certainly lots more, catchy promos during Winter Olympics, but just a “coming soon”.

Angus Ross also gave NOTHING to David Knox when quizzed.

1 Like

As I’ve said before, I wouldn’t be overly surprised if Sunday night primetime during Winter 2018 is a battle between the Spartans and the Ninjas…

12 years? Nine had the rights to air the last Commonwealth Games held in Australia.

For Seven, it’s probably the biggest platform for them to launch new programs since the 2000 Olympics!

I meant for any network - which yes, is of course Melbourne 2006.

That’d be a dumb move.

I’ll take a stab and say it’ll be late April, after the Comm Games.

Which should give Ninja come July or whenever free space.

1 Like

Watching the promos on TV on past few nights, I reckon the show must have been filmed near an industrial plant in Brisbane, given the tall pipes in the background.

Wow, riveting pick-up Johnson :smile:

1 Like

The Spartan Arena

305 Tingira St

Pinkenba, QLD 4008

2 Likes

Thanks for the address. I thought the show was filmed on a farm outside Brisbane rather than an industrial area south of Brisbane Airport.