Australia Unites: Red Cross Flood Appeal

Australia Unites: Red Cross Flood Appeal.

Saturday, March 12, At 7.30pm Live On 10 And 10 Play And Channel 9 And 9Now.

Network 10 and Nine this morning announced they are uniting for a telethon to help people and communities affected by the devastating floods across Queensland and New South Wales, LIVE on Saturday, March 12, from 7.30pm on 10 and 10 Play and Channel 9 and 9NOW.

Australia Unites: Red Cross Flood Appeal will be a joint fundraising telethon with stars from both networks joining forces to support the most vulnerable people in the communities affected by the worst floods in Australia’s recorded history.

As the massive clean-up bill continues to rise, communities in Queensland and New South Wales are preparing for more severe weather and flash-flooding in the coming days.

All proceeds from the telethon will be donated to the Australian Red Cross .

Australian Red Cross has already launched an appeal to help the people and communities affected by the floods.

You can donate now at https://www.redcross.org.au/floodsappeal/ or call 1800 733 276.

6 Likes

Been a while since we’ve seen this joint effort from two commercial networks.

14 Likes

I think last time two networks joined together to raise funds for charity was January 2005’s Reach Out to Asia tsunami appeal.

I wonder if the March 12 flood appeal telethon will be shown live into Queensland (meaning a 6.30pm start) and whether Seven will come onboard.

2 Likes

It will be interesting to see which network personalities the two can bring together and what opportunities there are for some interaction.

2 Likes

Why? The other two are more than capable of doing it.

I noticed Seven in Sydney are promoting a Salvation army flood appeal rather than the Red Cross one.

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s whether they’re capable or not, but rather if Seven would be involved in the community in the same way Nine and 10 are in this instance.

2 Likes

As big as the need, I think there may be a reluctance to donate this time around……there is a lot of unspent money from previous appeals

4 Likes

Karl Stefanovic and Lisa Wilkinson?

14 Likes

Imagine the rumours if it was Karl and Sarah Harris.

3 Likes

If Seven wasn’t approached before this announcement was made, a) They definitely should have been and b) They definitely should ASAP since it would be good if all three commercial networks could join forces for a worthy cause.

If Seven were approached but declined, it’s a pretty bad look for them not to be involved.

4 Likes

The last time one of these joint networks telethon happened, it was on 7,9 and 10.
The main hosts were Andrew O’Keeffe, Eddie McGuire and Rove McManus.

4 Likes

Update: Seven is now on board with the telethon.

19 Likes

Does this need its own topic as no doubt details will be released over the next week…

Done :white_check_mark:

3 Likes

Fire Fight Australia was on Seven and Foxtel in February 2020. Australia Unites - Reach out to Asia in 2005 was on 9, 7 and 10. Sound Relief was shown only on two Foxtel channels back in 2009

7 Likes

Do we know what this is actually is yet? how long it goes for etc? Is it a concert type format like Fire Fight? Or is it just like a general telethon where anything goes?

Since the broadcast was announced yesterday, doubt the networks have had time to think about those things. I would guess some details about what to expect will be announced late next week.

2 Likes

Promo as seen on Nine

13 Likes

Well done to all three commercial networks for putting this on. It’s a shame they couldn’t have done this for the fires 2 years ago.

4 Likes