ARN Regional (formerly Grant Broadcasters)

Since Lava didn’t record the playlist from this Saturday from 12 till after 6, I checked on last Saturday’s playlist for Hot Tomato’s “The GC Top 20 Countdown” (4-6pm Saturdays) & then compared it with Wave FM/Power FM NSW’s Top 20 countdown from last Sunday (4-6pm).

As you would see, their Top 20’s are separate.

1 Like

That’s a very contemporary playlist for Wave.

Thanks for researching this.

1 Like

this is a huge loss for GB and a massive loss for Tassie… I doubt they will find anybody of Brian’s calibre to replace him

4 Likes

Brian clearly has a better offer lined up. The dust is settling elsewhere, time to move. Lonnie was a safe port for him.

1 Like

Back to Triple M? Hope so. Especially with nobody doing Nights in metro.

1 Like

Please, no more talkback on Triple M. There is already enough talkback rubbish on there as it is.

4 Likes

Brian Carlton has left the building:

I wonder if he’ll do Triple M Tasmania Mornings? Similar to what Hadley does for other regionals.

There is a post on Facebook that indicates that Carlton wasn’t happy that Grant announced he was leaving. On Jocks’ Journal it indicates he gave management a bit of a spray this morning.

From Jocks’ Journal:

2 Likes

he said he wanted to see out the the next 3 weeks “answering call and talking about issues” but didnt know if he could

1 Like

More on this from The Mercury:

“What happened on Friday was an all-staff memo went out with the media release — that was a holding release — attached to it indicating that would be released today.

“Management had emailed me here at my work email, but they’re very aware that I don’t have that email at home so I was not informed of this, prior to this happening, directly.

“So like many of you I woke on Sunday morning, yesterday morning, to the fact that I was a news item.”

Carlton said that as a result, his personal life was “now the subject of much, much speculation” and that was doing him a “huge amount of damage”.

https://www.themercury.com.au/thenorthernmercury/brian-carlton-goes-out-with-a-bang-delivering-a-scathing-monolgue-about-station-management/news-story/ee8e520f728b7081ef9cda905745d6d4

2 Likes

Just heard it (available via this link) and I hope things work out well for him in the future.

2 Likes

Following the seven minute monologue, there were multiple callers and he was alluding to the fact that he doubted he would remain for the full three weeks initially planned for. At around 9:34am he said goodbye to the caller, fired off If You Could Only See by Tonic and never returned. Various produced client sweeps often used as returns after an ad break played out between songs.

1 Like

Yeah it’s just a shame that he parted ways under the circumstances he did

1 Like

Seems Danny Hoyland on River 94.9 has gone. His Saturday show page has been removed from the website lineup and hasn’t been on-air either.

Also an exchange with a listener on Facebook the station said “Danny has left the station. just a parting of ways.”

About time. What an awful show it was.

Looking a their Song History pages, it appears that Power FM in NSW have adopted the “[insert region’s] Best Music“ positioner in line with Wave FM, who uses the “Illawarra’s Best Music” positioner since June last year.
As mentioned in the “Wollongong Radio” thread, Wave FM now airs the “Random 30” countdown as of this week, on top of airing the weekly Top 20 countdown with Power FM on Sunday afternoons. A clear sign that Wave FM is now more aligned with the CHR/Hot AC stations than with the AC/Classic Hits stations.

On that note, meanwhile, 2ST, 2EC & 2NM have adopted the “[insert region’s] Greatest Hits” positioner.

4 Likes

Would much prefer Wave had the “Retro 20-20” Countdown that other heritage Grant stations have.

i98 is the station (for me) that now has the better music mix at night.

3 Likes

I sense this is a taste of what’s to come.

Align the stations under ‘BEST MUSIC’ and ‘GREATEST HITS’.

Then over time watch as logos change and more networking on-air & off-air begins.

2 Likes